Stanford University Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanford University

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

As I was hired from overseas, my interview process consisted of two interviews over the phone. The first was with the hiring manager and the other was with a group of individuals who were directly involved with the position I was applying for. They took turns asking questions over the phone and checking appropriate skills/experiences.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the position?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewing process took about 1 month. Began with a phone screen, followed by an initial interview by the department recruiter and hiring director. I then returned a week later for the second round of interviews with the Associate Dean, a panel of 3 potential colleagues, and the person I would be replacing. My final and third interview was with the Dean. I interviewed with a total of 8 people. In the end, I didn't get the job as another candidate was selected. The interview process was very professional and all very nice and appropriate questions. I believe the interviews went well and I clicked with everyone on the interview team except with the Dean. For some reason, we just didn't seem to click and the interview just didn't seem to go as smoothly as the rest.

Interview Questions

• How did you setup social media and how do you maintain or keep it updated?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University in November 2017.

Interview

By far one of the worst interview experiences I have ever had. A writing assessment was required prior to the in-person interview, I spent quite some time on it throughout the weekend to have it turned in as early as possible. On the day of the interview, it was obvious the hiring manager did not take the time to read the assessment nor my resume. During the interview, the HM was trying to be way over the top with convoluted and hard to follow questions, filled with awkward pauses. He made me feel extremely uncomfortable and wreaked of pretentiousness. I could never see myself working with someone like that. I spent most of the time trying to think of what to say to end the interview. Even worse, towards the end, the HM assumed I spoke Spanish and proceeded to speak Spanish at me, this is illegal and considered discrimination. I was completely in shock. It was just an utter nightmare. I couldn't have gotten out of there faster.

Also be aware, most of the positions labeled "program manager" are really just high-level administrative assistant positions, do not be fooled by the title.

Total waste of time. Stanford, please get your act together and start hiring educated professionals who are self-aware and able to adapt to the new and modern hiring practices that are being implemented across Silicon Valley. It's time to wake up and hire real professionals who are up-to-date with the latest business hiring practices.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

It was a phone screen, first step with HR. It was not unpredictable. It was not remarkable. It was pretty straight forward behavioral questions with HR. I suggest you read up and study on behavioral interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (San Jose, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for a program management position for a new program they were launching for students. The person I interviewed with was very professional and we spoke for about 30mins.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process included phone screenings, in person interview, and references. Ask clear questions about what the jobs really do entail. The overall interview experience was positive and pleasant experience.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Not to difficult. They're looking for people who know what to do and can explain clearly how they will execute. It was a phone screening then a panel interview and later a final review interview with the Chair of hiring committee

Interview Questions

• What challenges do they think I will encounter   1 Answer