Stanford University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University in July 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a very relaxed interview. I interviewed via Skype with the Research Coordinator I would be working with. We discussed my previous experience, why I was interested in the lab, and was given time for my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous research experience, emphasizing the skills you gained.   Answer Question
  • What are you looking to gain from your next position?   Answer Question
  • What about the position interested you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview -- it was brief. I met with a couple people in the lab and they asked about my experience and interests. Most people at Stanford get hired because they know someone or go to school there. That was my experience.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of projects or skills do you want to work on here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It involved understanding your experience and knowledge. Then making sure your interests align with the lab. It was very low stress and pressure.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this lab?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

contacted hiring manager through an email I received. they were very curious about my work, we went through my portfolio, we spoke about my experience in design thinking. They told me what I would be potentially doing and how my past work was related to that.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

The interview process took a long time, almost two months, had to meet three times with two different heads. The interviews were mixed, both easy and difficult due to the different questions different people have. Other colleagues did not receive similar questions, so trying to guess what is consistently asked to all interviewees is difficult.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years and how can you connect the position here to where you want to go?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was asked to come in for a 30 minute in-person interview within the same week. It was a group interview with three supervisors. I was invited back for a final round interview a month later. It consisted of a short survey creation project and a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• What was a project you were particularly proud of or had obstacles that you had to overcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your data analysis experience.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through the portal and was contacted a month later via email. Talked about past experience in the lab and research interests. Was also asked some basic interview questions (e.g. future plans, why do you want to work here?).Applied through the portal and was contacted a month later. Talked about past experience in the lab and research interests. Was also asked some basic interview questions (e.g. future plans, why do you want to work here?). Got an email two weeks later that I did get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A project to work on an iphone application. Individuals could either do the project for credit or for hourly pay. I did the project for hourly pay, and I was able to have pretty flexible hours and the pay was relatively high ($40/hour).

Interview Questions

• What would be one measure to tell that this iphone app was a success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the professor I was going to work for and we set up a time for me to meet her in her office. The interview was all over the place - she went back and forth between topics, interrupted you mid-sentence to ask you to finish the sentence 10 minutes later, asked me very specific questions that were only tangentially relevant to the job (like the name of my introductory statistics professor from a few years prior), etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you visually present this paper to be published in a pamphlet for donors?   1 Answer