Stanford University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It involved understanding your experience and knowledge. Then making sure your interests align with the lab. It was very low stress and pressure.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this lab?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

The interview process took a long time, almost two months, had to meet three times with two different heads. The interviews were mixed, both easy and difficult due to the different questions different people have. Other colleagues did not receive similar questions, so trying to guess what is consistently asked to all interviewees is difficult.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years and how can you connect the position here to where you want to go?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was asked to come in for a 30 minute in-person interview within the same week. It was a group interview with three supervisors. I was invited back for a final round interview a month later. It consisted of a short survey creation project and a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• What was a project you were particularly proud of or had obstacles that you had to overcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your data analysis experience.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through the portal and was contacted a month later via email. Talked about past experience in the lab and research interests. Was also asked some basic interview questions (e.g. future plans, why do you want to work here?).Applied through the portal and was contacted a month later. Talked about past experience in the lab and research interests. Was also asked some basic interview questions (e.g. future plans, why do you want to work here?). Got an email two weeks later that I did get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A project to work on an iphone application. Individuals could either do the project for credit or for hourly pay. I did the project for hourly pay, and I was able to have pretty flexible hours and the pay was relatively high ($40/hour).

Interview Questions

• What would be one measure to tell that this iphone app was a success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the professor I was going to work for and we set up a time for me to meet her in her office. The interview was all over the place - she went back and forth between topics, interrupted you mid-sentence to ask you to finish the sentence 10 minutes later, asked me very specific questions that were only tangentially relevant to the job (like the name of my introductory statistics professor from a few years prior), etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you visually present this paper to be published in a pamphlet for donors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was working at the museum as a volunteer. Once I met another volunteer who used to be an empolyee of the museum. He then referred me to a staff and I got the chance to be interviewed. The interview is not difficult, just asked about my passion about art, what I am learning at Stanford, etc.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

Just general questions about my interests, background in research, and general knowledge about the subject matter

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

took one month for a call back. Met individually with 3 people, about 20 minutes with each person.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions. Asked: why I wanted job, research experience, and if an when I ever brok protocol.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed only with my professor

Negotiation

I was given a salary that I accepted