Stanford University Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investigator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment. I have 30 minutes of talk/chat with the two interviewers. I didn't prepare any power point slides, hence it didn't go well. I would say, if I get a second chance, I wouldn't screw it up.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter,
    2) Phone interview with 3 people from the department,
    3) 1-day onsite interview with 5-7 people

I ahd 1st interview 2 days after application, and then I had the 2nd interview the next day. The 3rd interview took 2 weeks from the 2nd since I was meeting several people from professor to financial manager.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Had taught before at Stanford and was invited to teach again. Normally it is an extensive process involving many faculty meetings and review of credentials and teaching style. References are important

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It began with the coordinator reaching out and asking me to answer 5 questions prior to scheduling a phone interview. The initial phone screen was quite pleasant. The interviewer and I had a few things in common and she was very easy to talk to. Mostly behavioral questions. The phone screen lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was then invited for an on-site interview with four different people in their recruiting team. I was to spend one hour with each and then have lunch with the last person for the last hour. I spent one hour with each of them, where I found myself repeating myself as they were all asking me the same questions. I was there for a total of four hours and was not offered any water until it was lunch time. I was annoyed that I had to answer the same questions over and over again with each of the interviewers. The interview process was repetitive and entirely too long for the position I was interviewing for. Pursuant to the interview, I left feeling pretty impartial about how my interview had gone. It's been two weeks and I have not heard back. I expected more from Stanford, considering their reputation. Whether it's a yes or a no, I expect at least that courtesy.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a few of the team. Their questions were mainly about my experience so far and how I would perform as a service delivery manager and as part of the team.

Research Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty general interview. I was interviewed by 3 people at once and they asked me general questions and asked about my accountant experience, why I want to work at Stanford University, what I know about the role, etc. I went in for two interviews.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

There was a phone screen. Then I went on campus. I interviewed with a couple people. Then the Hiring Manager. She told me if I made an interview with her I was basically hired. I was not hired. I was told they went with a more qualified candidate.

Associate Director of Finance and Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview within 5 days of applying for this position. I possess all the required experience and I was interested in the research the director was doing. I was very excited about the opportunity and I figured this job was the perfect fit given I have previous Stanford experience. However unfortunately the interview team had no respect for me as a candidate. I was required to interview 5 times and they requested to speak on the phone to 9 references! Some of these references they talked to 2x. Having previously worked at Stanford I suggested that if they had concerns to check my employee record, which they did and they found nothing negative. They spoke to my current supervisor who made it clear she wanted to retain me and I was told that every reference I provided was overwhelming positive. I gave the interview team my current job description, current performance reviews and previous comments from over 20 people I managed in the past. After several weeks of back and forth they told me they had selected someone else and wished me the best.

While I was frustrated waiting for the decision I was relieved when they turned me down because I was able to reassure my current boss that the process was over. However, almost 3 weeks later they came back asking me to re- interview! The whole situation was handled very poorly, all 9 references said they felt harassed during the questioning and they suggested that if I got the offer to be wary as the director was nothing short of rude. I have never in my career felt so disrespected. During the final interview, I was asked all the same questions as the first time around and I was so insulted at some of the comments (about my reputation) that I am relieved that I was not selected for the position. I found out later that regrettably (an internal non-reference) spoke negatively about me, which is why they had concerns. Overall a big waste of time, my references were treated badly, I found out someone I once looked up to as a mentor betrayed me internally, and the amount of disrespect to me during the final interview was unprofessional to say the least. Beware of applying here, there are administrative politics and if you don't play along you are automatically blackmailed. I reached out to the person who gave me the bad reference to try to discuss any concerns but this person replied that they are very busy and unavailable to meet.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone call, followed by a technical screen and a set-up in-person interview. Subsequent phone call, but did not get the job. The interviewers were nice, but hard to understand overall.