Stanford University Social Science Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Social Science Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanford University

2.7

Social Science Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume and a cover letter after a previous employer referred me to the role. I had a skype call with the PI of the lab. The questions were pretty straightforward: discussed my previous experience, interest in research and psychology, and reasons for applying to the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview on the phone. Second interview via skype. A third person called me to interview and talk to me. They called my old mentor and emailed another former employee and then I got the job basically the same day as the skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Research background relates to work in the lab   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position of Research assistant through the Stanford portal as well as a posting for the same job on Idealist.org. I was contacted a fews days later from a leader in the research department through email. I was invited to participate in a phone interview. The phone interview was very open ended type questions (e.g. tell me about yourself, what are strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work here?) followed by an informational portion where the interviewer explained the research being conducted. It ended well with a few questions about pay range, potential start date and the interviewee telling me about the next steps in the process. I was not told whether or not I made it to the next round. The interviewer explained I would be contacted through email in a couple of weeks to inform me of their decision. That evening I received an email stating I had made it to the next round and was requested to go in for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was at the Stanford campus with four different employees (including the director of the program) from the research lab. They asked more direct questions about my knowledge in research methodologies and previous experience gathering data and analyzing statistics. The interview took 2 hours. At the end of the interview I was asked to send references and they would be in touch once they received them.

One week later I had two other phone interviews testing me on the research material that was being conducted. Applicants, know all the research, read it and study it before hand.

At the end of the interview I was offered a job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the research papers you've read about our work here.   Answer Question