Stanford University Interview Questions in Stanford, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Had taught before at Stanford and was invited to teach again. Normally it is an extensive process involving many faculty meetings and review of credentials and teaching style. References are important

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a few of the team. Their questions were mainly about my experience so far and how I would perform as a service delivery manager and as part of the team.

Bing Overseas Study Program Coordinator (Study Abroad) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

I had a negative experience and I'm definitely turned off by Stanford. Here's the saga that occurred:

I applied online in July (heard of the position through word of mouth). First I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later and I had to answer a series of short essay questions and submit them via email. About a week after that, I was interviewed by the recruiter (pretty dry questions as a screening process). Close to a month passed and I figured they weren't interested in me but weren't going to tell me. Then the recruiter said they were delayed (this was all via email) but wanted to move forward with me over video. I was surprised because the recruiter was not that friendly, so I assumed I wasn't moving forward. The video interview was about an hour long with 2 people on staff. It went fine and they were friendly. Then, the process just got more frustrating. They had said about a week later they wanted to move forward with me in a final interview in person. Instead of asking me when I was available they gave me 3 options of when to come in. Obviously, I was interviewing for other jobs besides Stanford, so I was busy during all of those times, particularly because they only gave me a few days notice.

WEEKS went by before we were able to schedule a final interview in person. The frustrating part about this was they would give me 12 to 24 hours to respond and then not reply to me for at least a week or two and it felt like they had pretty much forgotten... Finally, I had an in person interview which was 4 HOURS long with the whole department. I emailed everyone a thank you and checked in with the main woman I'd been communicating with. She never responded. A week passed- I emailed again. Still, NO RESPONSE. Then a month passed and I emailed- NO RESPONSE. I said very politely that I assumed they had chosen someone else, thanked them for their time, etc. Then 2 months after that in person interview, I finally get a generic rejection from the recruiter I talked to in the very beginning. I was in the final 3 and I got this response months later.

I will never apply to a job at Stanford again. They have a holier than though attitude, and it was very clear to me throughout the process that my time was not even remotely as important as theirs. There should be mutual respect when you are interviewing somewhere, and they just don't have that respect for others. I'm grateful that I realized this, and I'm grateful that I didn't get this job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what areas of international education excite you the most, what is your experience with working with professors, etc.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It involved understanding your experience and knowledge. Then making sure your interests align with the lab. It was very low stress and pressure.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this lab?   1 Answer

Tech Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief; I was asked some situational questions (what would you do if...happened) and I was asked questions to make sure I understood basic troubleshooting with computers

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. I was contacted by the head of the lab for a phone screening. A week later, I was asked to do a skype interview. Finally, a few weeks later I did an on-campus interview where I met the head and lab members. Was offered the job by the end of that interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and experience   1 Answer

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal. However this varies from lab to lab based on how a professor decides to run their lab. This was not an advertised position I just asked around. Phone call first and then an in-perosn interview. Very straight forward. I was the only applicant.

Interview Questions

• What non-scientific skill did you gain from your last position?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

contacted hiring manager through an email I received. they were very curious about my work, we went through my portfolio, we spoke about my experience in design thinking. They told me what I would be potentially doing and how my past work was related to that.

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Stanford's interview process, at least in the department where I interviewed, seems to be pretty standardized. First you start out with a phone screen, then move on to in-person interviews and possibly second round interviews. A skills test was required for my interview which included a basic excel test (sorting, vlookup etc) which was generally easy if you have used excel before, next was a writing/grammar test ( write a sample email or write a letter describing why you are the best for this job). The most difficult thing about any of my Stanford interviews was the sheer amount of people and time it takes. I interviewed with up to 10 people in one day (individual and panel) and it can be pretty tiring mentally.

Overall, everyone at Stanford was professional, I knew what to expect at every step and I felt my time was valued.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and it took around 2 weeks for the phone interview and 3 weeks for the on-site interview. Be aware about the time that you set up with the hiring manager(i..e, the executive director) She phoned me one hour early for the phone interview. I am glad I was setting in front of my computer preparing for the interview. As to the on-site interview, it's a panel interview. I didn't prepare that well and not using SAS as my primary used statistical software program. I end up not having this job.(I think they need a person must have SAS programming experiences)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Whether I use SAS for dealing with statistical analysis?
      A situation question--i.e. what statistical method I will use if I encounter a situation..
      Answer Question