Stanford University Interview Questions in Stanford, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After the application they asked for short answers to some questions and also for responses to sample student emails. Then there was a first-round interview with a panel of 4 people from the department who you would be working with on a daily basis. Then there was a second-round interview with a panel of 4 managers/senior staff from the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a stressful situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter,
    2) Phone interview with 3 people from the department,
    3) 1-day onsite interview with 5-7 people

I ahd 1st interview 2 days after application, and then I had the 2nd interview the next day. The 3rd interview took 2 weeks from the 2nd since I was meeting several people from professor to financial manager.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Had taught before at Stanford and was invited to teach again. Normally it is an extensive process involving many faculty meetings and review of credentials and teaching style. References are important

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I was interviewed twice by my direct supervisor. After that I got a phone call for a second interview with my direct supervisor, director and deputy director. (panel interview)

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a few of the team. Their questions were mainly about my experience so far and how I would perform as a service delivery manager and as part of the team.

Research Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty general interview. I was interviewed by 3 people at once and they asked me general questions and asked about my accountant experience, why I want to work at Stanford University, what I know about the role, etc. I went in for two interviews.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was informal and relaxed. It took the form of a group interview with the same question asked to each person. You also were required to bring a photo of your time abroad and tell the story behind the photo.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview -- it was brief. I met with a couple people in the lab and they asked about my experience and interests. Most people at Stanford get hired because they know someone or go to school there. That was my experience.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of projects or skills do you want to work on here?   1 Answer

Bing Overseas Study Program Coordinator (Study Abroad) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA).

Interview

I had a negative experience and I'm definitely turned off by Stanford. Here's the saga that occurred:

I applied online in July (heard of the position through word of mouth). First I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later and I had to answer a series of short essay questions and submit them via email. About a week after that, I was interviewed by the recruiter (pretty dry questions as a screening process). Close to a month passed and I figured they weren't interested in me but weren't going to tell me. Then the recruiter said they were delayed (this was all via email) but wanted to move forward with me over video. I was surprised because the recruiter was not that friendly, so I assumed I wasn't moving forward. The video interview was about an hour long with 2 people on staff. It went fine and they were friendly. Then, the process just got more frustrating. They had said about a week later they wanted to move forward with me in a final interview in person. Instead of asking me when I was available they gave me 3 options of when to come in. Obviously, I was interviewing for other jobs besides Stanford, so I was busy during all of those times, particularly because they only gave me a few days notice.

WEEKS went by before we were able to schedule a final interview in person. The frustrating part about this was they would give me 12 to 24 hours to respond and then not reply to me for at least a week or two and it felt like they had pretty much forgotten... Finally, I had an in person interview which was 4 HOURS long with the whole department. I emailed everyone a thank you and checked in with the main woman I'd been communicating with. She never responded. A week passed- I emailed again. Still, NO RESPONSE. Then a month passed and I emailed- NO RESPONSE. I said very politely that I assumed they had chosen someone else, thanked them for their time, etc. Then 2 months after that in person interview, I finally get a generic rejection from the recruiter I talked to in the very beginning. I was in the final 3 and I got this response months later.

I will never apply to a job at Stanford again. They have a holier than though attitude, and it was very clear to me throughout the process that my time was not even remotely as important as theirs. There should be mutual respect when you are interviewing somewhere, and they just don't have that respect for others. I'm grateful that I realized this, and I'm grateful that I didn't get this job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what areas of international education excite you the most, what is your experience with working with professors, etc.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It involved understanding your experience and knowledge. Then making sure your interests align with the lab. It was very low stress and pressure.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this lab?   1 Answer