Stanford University Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanford University Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanford University

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a simple interview. I spoke with the professor of the course about my coursework, background technical and teaching experience in person. I will offered the position soon after.

Interview Questions

• Did you take this course as a student? How did you perform? If not, what equivalent courses have you taken and how did you perform there?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanford University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanford University (Stanford, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Ask general questions about the class such as linear algebra or dynamic control system. I already knew the professor in person and he offered me a job and asked some questions.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

A call for applications was sent out to appropriate departments, and we were notified by our career counselor. There was an initial round of screening requiring both a resume and answers to specific questions. This was followed by an interview, which included creating and graphing a sample problem as if teaching a section

Interview Questions

• Come up with a sample problem that demonstrates a basic economic concept, and teach it while graphing it on the board.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable offer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Teaching Assistants are selected based on performance in the class, so there is actually just a limited fit interview--it's not too difficult and almost everyone gets a shot. I would recommend trying hard in the class to get an interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities would make you a skilled teaching assistant for a public speaking course?   Answer Question