Stanley Black & Decker Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

3.5

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewers spent a decent amount of time getting to know me and asked me several questions about my resume and my background. I was also given a tour at the end of the interview of the facilities and shown some of the work that they typically do.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to stay on a project from beginning to end, or do you prefer to participate only in the upfront design phase and move on to something else?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

Met at my college career fair. Got a phone call interview (~30 minutes) a week later with HR. Then I was invited down to the headquarters in Towson for an in person interview as well as a dinner with other applicants. Dinner was fine, more of a getting to know the company type of thing. Interview was in 2 parts. A 30 minute interview with HR and a 45 minute interview with engineers.

Interview Questions

• What are the functions of capacitors?   1 Answer
    • What was the biggest risk you've ever taken.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Good interview with a lot of people - 5-6. They did a phone screen and then arrange a TP at their satellite location. Offer was made a week later, but I request a site visit which follow with more interviews and meet team members.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New York, NY).

Interview

Day long event including two technical interviews and one with HR. the technical interviews varied- some were more conversational asking about interests related to engineering. Some questions asked about projects you've worked on and asked to walk them through the steps of how you solved the problems at the time. Some were straight forward- solve this, helps if you know about gears.