Stanley Black & Decker Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanley Black & Decker Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in May 2009.

Interview

The initial screen was done via telephone by a representative from Decision Toolbox (the outsourced HR sourcing company). The job description was more detailed than I had seen before, so I really knew what the position entailed. I was one of a few (not sure how many) people that were interviewed over the telephone by the hiring manager. A week later I was contact about coming into their offices for face to face interviews with the hiring manager, an HR director, and other managers, as well as the current incumbent. It was a rather thorough interview process that gave me a good look 'inside' the company.

Interview Questions

• Looking at your resume it appears that you have had more or less the same title for the past five employers. Explain?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with a diverse range of personalities, or can you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was short and sweet. It was quiet conversational, not your traditional interview. Although, the questions were pretty basic and the more common questions usually asked during interviews. I enjoyed my interviewer because he expressed interest before the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What leadership experience can you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in October 2011.

Interview

I got the interview through campus recruiting and the first interview was with two current employees at Stanley Black & Decker who had both recently graduated from my university. The majority of the questions were behavioral, except for one technical question regarding Net Working Capital.

Interview Questions

• What is Net Working Capital and what is NWC turnover?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Recruiter approached me through Linkedin and I got called for my first interview with HR, then my final interview with the Financial Director & FP&A Manager. Interviews were good, but the interview was conducted in January and it is now April, but the company hasn't sent out a final decision. This is very unprofessional from a company this reputable, and I am very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• With HR, the questions were mostly situational based (a time where I was in a conflict, a time where I went above and beyond, etc). The interviewer made me feel comfortable and I asked a lot of questions from my side which were sufficiently answered.   Answer Question
    • With the Finance Director & Manager, part of the interview and situation based questions and it was a little awkward. However, it got interesting when I asked about the job role and we discussed the reporting structures, technicalities, etc. Both the interviewers ended with "we are comfortable with you" and it was really good.   Answer Question