Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Good interview with a lot of people - 5-6. They did a phone screen and then arrange a TP at their satellite location. Offer was made a week later, but I request a site visit which follow with more interviews and meet team members.

Interview Questions

• Some engineering questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative by email and a couple of days later had a phone interview. I was contacted a week later for a face-to-face interview with Hiring Manager and 2 other employees. Interview was straightforward and everyone was nice. I was told I would hear back. I sent a thank you email the same day to HR, but didn't hear anything back for a couple of weeks. So then I called the HR representative and left a message for an update on the job status. They never called back. I guess its safe to say that I didn't get the position, but I was at least expecting to hear back with a "yes" or "no" or some sort of rejection email or something! I thought that was very unprofessional for HR to not follow-up considering I took time out of my day to come and interview in person. Not impressed with HR at all.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New York, NY).

Interview

Day long event including two technical interviews and one with HR. the technical interviews varied- some were more conversational asking about interests related to engineering. Some questions asked about projects you've worked on and asked to walk them through the steps of how you solved the problems at the time. Some were straight forward- solve this, helps if you know about gears.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR representative. HR representative recommended me to hiring manager for onsite interview. Onsite interview was both 1:1 and in a group. Felt very comfortable, not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• If I didn't like the job, what would I do?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New York, NY).

Interview

1st Round was an easy 20min with Basic Behavioral Questions
    2nd Round was an 1hr at Local HomeDepot half walking the store and half a formal interview
    Final Round was a 2 Day Event in Towson, MD. 1st day was informative and 2nd day was 3 1on1 and sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Why SB&D? Situational questions. Referencing past experiences. Sales scenario.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I was conacted by a recruiter and asked to complete. phone interview. The second step was a walk-through of my local Home Depot and an in-person interview. Finally, remaining candidates were flown in to a headquarter conference with presentations, 3 in-person interviews, & a role play.

Interview Questions

• During the walk-through, was constantly asked what product I would place in different aisles and how I would fix each product display.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The program has a structured pay scale so there is no negotiation.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New York, NY).

Interview

Two weeks after applying online I was interviewed in person by both HR and lead manager (separately), three days after I had a phone interview with corporate officers in another location. Two weeks later I was offered position. Criminal background check, employment check and drug testing took another 5 weeks before start date.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing unusual. It was more a philosophical conversation about company culture and finding personalities that fit within the current team.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center for the Marketing and Sales development program. The first round was a phone interview. I did not advance to the second round. I heard back within a week of interviewing over the phone.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

30-40 minutes. one person. You must be ready to answer put your experience and schooling to the program. Seems very specific in what they are looking at. Be willing to give the interviewer a specific place or a list of specific places that you might want to look at.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to gain in the Company?   1 Answer

Open Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD).

Interview

Interview took approximately 5 weeks process via external recruiter. It was multiple positions open so it was open interview..... very time punctual. Well organized. Impressive process . There were 8 people in interview. 2 on 1 based. And laSt hr interview one on one based. It was easy to difficult if you know what you gonna bring on board.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online and heard back about an interview fairly quickly. The first interview was a phone screen done by the hiring manager. The next phase of the interview process, which took place the next day, was a technical interview by phone. This portion of the interview covered questions relating to statistics, machine learning, and relational databases and lasted about 45 minutes. After this part of the interview I was asked to complete a data science project. I was told that the data science project needed to be turned in within 2 days. After completing the assignment (which took around 3-4 hours) I heard back within a few days from the hiring manager. I was told that I had done well on the assignment, and then I was asked to interview with the CIO of the Tools Department. This is when the interview process became frustrating. The CIO of the Tools Department cancelled and rescheduled my interview several times. One of the times the CIO didn't even bother canceling ahead of time. I received an email 30 minutes after our scheduled phone call that he would have to reschedule. It took over a month and a half of the CIO rescheduling to actually have a 15-minute conversation with him about the position. Our phone call consisted of him asking me perfunctory questions such as: "What is your background?" and "Why did you apply to this position?" After the call I followed up with the CIO by email thanking him for his time. I never heard from Stanley Black and Decker again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some specific SQL coding questions. I have been using NoSQL lately, so these were the most difficult questions for me.   Answer Question