Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 315 of over 315 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Stanley Black & Decker

Application

I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker

Interview

It was a multi-step process that was clear and efficient. It was a good chance to meet with multiple team members and other key internal personnel. The timing was well paced and there was good communication throughout the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me relevant questions to my prior experiences and background.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Stanley Black & Decker

Application

I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker

Interview

The 30 mins interview includes project introductions and sql questions. The environment is relaxed. The overall experience is good, the interviewers are friendly and helpful, provides enough guidance and give some project introductions.

Interview Questions
  • Write a SQL query to get the second highest salary from the Employee table.

Stanley Black & Decker

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker

Interview

Contrat en intérim Recommandation par une amie qui travaillait pour la boîte d’intérim qui travaille avec l’entreprise Environ 2 semaines de processus et questions assez simples, concernant le parcours, les ambitions

Interview Questions
  • Qu’avez vous compris de ce qui vous attend dans vos missions du quotidien chez nous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Bangalore)

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, contacted by HR in India. There were SIX rounds of interviews, ranging between 15 mins to an hour each, with all interviewers asking the same set of questions, which was an exhausting experience. They could have made a little bit of an effort to bring together a couple of individuals for some rounds to save everyone's time. Had to continuously follow up to get updates, and was eventually informed that they wouldn't be going ahead with my application. The whole process took more than a month!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Hamilton, NJ) in May 2021

Interview

Texting the whole time, kind of not sure if it was real do thats why im here. Has anyone had this experience? Its saying to type 30 words or its invalid so

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanley Black & Decker

Application

I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker

Interview

The recruiter was cold and didn't seem interested, but hiring manager was very friendly and engaged. I also had a lot of disconnects with Human resources during the offer process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Stanley Black & Decker

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in Apr 2021

Interview

This was for a fully remote position. Process was as follows: 1) Recruiter phone interview 2) Hiring Manager Video interview 3) Technical assessment Codility 4) Director Video Interview (Technical) 5) VP Video Interview (Higher Level Theory) 6) Peer Video Interviews (Technical) 1) Initial screen by recruiter over phone. Basic interview questions and salary requirement information. 2) Followed by hiring manager Video chat. Mostly basic interview style questions, a few technical questions but mostly around work that I have done. 3) CODILITY Technical exam through Codility. It was the first time they used it to my understanding and it wasnt very organized. It was 2 coding problems and 10 multiple choice. On the initial call it was said they primarily use Python. All of the review material from Codility gives you the impression you can choose your programming language. During the actual exam, 1 programming question was in Python, the other was in R, no option to change languages. Luckily I had experience in R but there was no warning that I should refresh up on my R skills. Also in order to score well, you have to match the output exactly as described, but it was not very clear on how the output should be formatted, so it created a lot of wasted time through trial and error to try and get the proper format to be scored. Overall I think this could be a good tool to use for technical assessment, but it needs to be refined a bit. Don’t waste your time doing the practice exams from Codility, the questions were nothing like them. The team made up their own questions and they were machine learning in nature, not algorithmic. 4) After that technical portion, I had another video interview with the Director of Data Science. During this he did get pretty technical asking about my experience and projects I worked on and how I attacked the problems and why. 5) VP interview was more high level. He talked about the structure of the data science team and the direction of the group. Few technical questions but more theoretical and higher level. 6) Followed by 2 more interviews with 3 people, all Sr. Data Scientists on the team. The discussions were pretty technical in nature asking how I would attack certain problems and why, and how would I apply certain ML techniques to a given problem. After all my interviews were finished, I was told they are looking to make a decision pretty quick and I would hear back next week. I did get a followup late the following week saying the final candidate is being interviewed Friday, so I should expect to hear back by Monday of the following week. I waited until Friday of that week to follow-up. No response. 2nd Follow-up 1 week later. No response. It has now been a month since I finished my interviews, and 3 weeks after which I was told I would get a response, and the team has gone radio silent. For a position I was very excited for, it is very upsetting after going through 6 rounds of interviews and a 2 hour technical exam, the company does not provide closure to the process, or any feedback to my application. I invested significant time in to this process, both during the direct interviews and also in preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you implement ML to improve upon customer outreach, and describe how you would implement a system to test your results?

Stanley Black & Decker

Application

I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker

Interview

Phone interview with the manager and the lead, general behavior Qs, like tell me what you do in such situation, how you interact with the team, and past experience, and so on.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team.

Stanley Black & Decker

Application

I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker

Interview

There were two phone interviews with an off-site HR representative. Then the next round was an afternoon at the office which consisted of three in person interviews and a conference call.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions: Why do you want to work here? What's your experience with SAP?

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Washington, DC) in Mar 2021

Interview

The process consists of three steps. They lay out what is required of the new hire very well. They will require you to watch videos and the interviewer will have some quiz questions from the videos required you were required to watch.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Chapel Hill, NC) in Mar 2021

Interview

Great overall. Didn't end up getting the position but recruiting process and interviews went smoothly. Made it to the final round and everyone was great. Like really really really great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 315 Interviews