Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Good interview with a lot of people - 5-6. They did a phone screen and then arrange a TP at their satellite location. Offer was made a week later, but I request a site visit which follow with more interviews and meet team members.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

The first interview consisted of fairly basic interview questions. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and the interview felt conversational. Second round was a walk through around one of the stores they work with. Third round they fly you to Maryland.

Fork Lift Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

They ask you a bunch of general questions. However, you need to know how to drive a forklift to a T, they do not have time to train employees interested in it.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward, quick, and you will meet the key people that you will work with if you're hired. I enjoyed the process, and everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you already know about SBD?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT).

Interview

Phone conversations with HR, followed by interview with hiring manager. I had former co-workers who joined the organization before I did, including a two IT leaders from my previous company who had joined Stanley.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can help?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

I had 2 rounds, one was a 10 minute telephonic introductory round with the team lead about the team and what they expect out of an intern. Also she asked what were my expectations out of this internship and career goals in general.
    The second round was a 1 hour - 45 mins telephonic round again with the HR and consisted of only behavioral questions. Most were situational type about my past corporate experience. They extended the offer at the end of the interview.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Southington, CT).

Interview

You receive an email from the HR department setting up a day and time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get an email about your next step(s). If accepted, a face to face interview is scheduled. For the Product Manager position I was interviewed by 3 individuals all at different levels of the business.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strongest assets that you could add to the team?   1 Answer

ElectroMechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

3.5 hour round-robin interviews with 5 people (45 minutes each). I was the only candidate present. Interviews were in the following order:
    • HR—generic character questions (tell me about a time when...)
    • Electrical Engineer—resume project descriptions, a basic EE question (voltage dividers, H-bridge functionality)
    • Mechanical Engineer—resume project descriptions, "Why SB&D"-type questions
    • Director of Construction Innovation—role-playing troubleshooting a problem (actually fun)
    • Senior Safety Engineer—resume project descriptions

Interview Questions

• (HR) Tell me about a time when you were angry at a decision your team had made:   1 Answer
    • (EE) "What types of batteries did you use to power this project on your resume? Did you actively check to see voltage levels of the batteries? If you were to, what type of circuit would you have used and what's the equation for it?"   1 Answer
    • (ME) What was the most complicated thing you've ever disassembled/ reassembled?   1 Answer
    • (Dir. of Construction Innovation) Brought in 2 different, partially-disassembled drills. Explained that one was an older version of the other. Proceeded to explain the differences between them in their designs, and finished by stating that the newer drill model has a specific flaw (i.e. it breaks prematurely in normal use cases).
      "You can run any tests you like and I'll be your technician. I'll tell you what the ordered test output: if you ask to see a slow-motion video of a certain action, I'll explain/ draw what I saw. If you ask for some analysis, we can return a graphical representation of results. Your job is to find out why the newer model is breaking prematurely as described."   1 Answer

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Fishers, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

My interviewing process was fantastic. They found me, I had an initial phone screening follow by five in-personal and virtual interviews inside three weeks and received an offer before the month was over.

Interview Questions

• What are you driving now at your current job and how can it apply here?   Answer Question

Assembly Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview then a long wait to schedule a face to face interview (which took another 3 weeks to even meet with people). Even then the people at Stanley Black and Decker were disorganized and it showed badly

Interview Questions

• Very focused on their Union to the point they appeared to be afraid of it.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative by email and a couple of days later had a phone interview. I was contacted a week later for a face-to-face interview with Hiring Manager and 2 other employees. Interview was straightforward and everyone was nice. I was told I would hear back. I sent a thank you email the same day to HR, but didn't hear anything back for a couple of weeks. So then I called the HR representative and left a message for an update on the job status. They never called back. I guess its safe to say that I didn't get the position, but I was at least expecting to hear back with a "yes" or "no" or some sort of rejection email or something! I thought that was very unprofessional for HR to not follow-up considering I took time out of my day to come and interview in person. Not impressed with HR at all.