Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Fishers, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

My interviewing process was fantastic. They found me, I had an initial phone screening follow by five in-personal and virtual interviews inside three weeks and received an offer before the month was over.

Interview Questions

• What are you driving now at your current job and how can it apply here?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Miramar, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through the company site.
    Human Resources contacted me a few days later and we had a short Skype interview the next day. That same week I was scheduled for three interviews in the Miramar offices.
    During the first interview (with my potential supervisor, a senior executive) I was not asked about my previous work experiences or education. He focused on showing me examples of the work he expected and took me on a walking tour of the offices and the conference room.
    The second and third interviews were with a two senior executives. They were more concerned with my career expectations, but again asked me very few questions on my work experience...
    The entire process was very awkward. This was over a month ago and they did not contact me again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Review posted jobs on .com site. HR to contact and depending on role run through several interviews.   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Hartford, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

The actual job and the Job description were different from each other. It was not until most of the interview was over before it was understood what the role actually was.

CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty comfortable interview experience. The group is nice. I dd a presentation and all of them are involved and interested. I did similar presentations in Top Automotive companies and the group look sleepy. Although I got offer from the auto companies too, I decided to go with SBD.

Interview Questions

• How does the number and orientation of saw teeth affect the finish quality?   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Hartford, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

Straight forward process. Came in without industry knowledge but a background in this role which worked out alright. Only one day and round of questions before the end of the interview process

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Pretty much the standard fare. Covered the requirements of the job and told me what they were looking for. Oddly enough, I thought I was only talking to the Plant Manager, but the HR Manager was silently listening in on another line.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my metal working experience.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in April 2018.

Interview

As soon as recruiters go from very excited to unresponsive, I move on and put a big cross to that role and the company. This is exactly what happened with SBD. The company stopped communicating after 3 interviews and never formally ended the interview process

So I moved them under the list of companies that are questionable. I recommend you exercise caution. If they do not care about you now, how much will they care about you once you are on the payroll?

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter through LinkedIn. He shared my resume with 2 teams. Both were interested. I had 2 phone interviews one with each. Was flown to Townson, MD for in person. The interview consisted of 6 one-on-ones. The recruiter was saying I was a top candidate all the time. After the interview I got back home and sent a thank you email. A week passed by and I sent her a e-mail asking about status of my application since she told me I would know right away if I was accepted. A couple of weeks passed and I called. She said they liked my interview and that they were finalizing the interview process with other candidates. Another week passed I sent an email, tried a couple of call and never heard from them again. RUDE!

Interview Questions

• Dimension part with GD&T. Draw 3rd view. Gear ratio question. Determine the manufacturing process of different parts they would show.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD).

Interview

Interviewees will meet with several SBD employees, both managers and colleagues of the same position. The key quality of the interview is to demonstrate a match for the company ethos - jovial, positive, straight talking.

Interview Questions

• You will likely be asked simple technical questions (e.g. solve an equation or diagnose an issue). As an example for a mechanical engineer, "how does an easy bake oven work?" The point is to answer the question as fully as possible   1 Answer