Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Shelbyville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was given a test with 10 minutes to complete 5 problems. The problems were what you would have had in Physics during your first two years of engineering school. One had to do with breaking a force into components. One was a friction problem. One required you to use the Ideal Gas Law and solve for Temperature after a gas was compressed. Another required you to complete a drawing given two views. I had a great plant tour and was able to talk with the production workers about what they were doing. During the interview, the hiring manager and an engineering supervisor asked about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would I like to be doing in five years?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied this position through Stanley website. After approximately four weeks, the job recruiter asked me to fill a questionnaire regarding this position. After 4 days, the job recruiter called me to have a phone interview with hiring manager. After phone interview, the job recruiter scheduled an onsite interview in Stanley New Britain, CT.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me some intentions like why you want work for Stanley and some skills for this position, such as Pro/E, ANSYS. During the interview with the director of product engineering, one of the questions he asked was are you going to do something different in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 PMs, 1 Engineer, 1 Channel Marketer. Fairly laid back, most employees were wearing jeans and button-ups. Wanted to learn about the individual because while having experience would be helpful it was pretty apparent if they could grow the right person for the position then they wouldn't have been opposed to the lack of experience.

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in February 2007.

Interview

They recruited at my MBA program and gave a great presentation on the company culture, sucess, and products. Interviewed once on campus, and then went to Towson for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate and they seemed very inflexible. They prided themselves on hefty bonuses above salary, but as the economy went downhill, the hefty bonuses stopped and the lower salary became a greater and greater concern.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was easy. Submitted a resume and was called by HR within a few weeks. I had a phone interview with HR and was recommended for the next level, an half-day interview session in their offices. The interviews were an 1/2 hour long with five different people, including the hiring manager, engineering and product management. The interviewers were really pleasant. As to follow-up, job was downgraded to an associate's position, then squashed- I presume. I did not receive any feedback after my interview (somewhat disappointing), nor any contact with HR with regards to the position. 6 weeks later, I received an automated email informing me the associate's position was cancelled. I never heard about the Manager's position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were relevant to performing the job, not so behavioral, with direct relation to my past experience and its application to the position. Only the hiring manager asked typical canned questions- Why SBD, what is the most important quality in an employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Miami, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to attend first interview, then a few days after got called for 2nd round and lastly the 3rd round a week after. Very straight forward process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Southington, CT).

Interview

You receive an email from the HR department setting up a day and time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get an email about your next step(s). If accepted, a face to face interview is scheduled. For the Product Manager position I was interviewed by 3 individuals all at different levels of the business.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strongest assets that you could add to the team?   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

4 rotations with different members of the team and other internal "clients". Interviews were pretty informal and it was nice to meet a lot of different people on the team. Interview took around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had experience working with Engineering or Project Management, as these are key internal clients.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT) in July 2018.

Interview

First was a standard phone screen, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Within a couple weeks there was an invitation to go to New Britain to meet the team one by one. The final step was to be meeting with the final decision maker. I guess I didn't make it to that part as I literally never heard from anyone again at all, even after several follow up attempts. Really unprofessional - have the common decency to tell someone no so they can close the loop and move on.

Interview Questions

• Describe what qualities your best boss had, and do the same for your worst boss.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Brought me in for a 3 panel interview, ask me superficial questions, and called me back two days later. Lots of people quit and they were desperate. I probably would have refused the offer had I known. I was doing so much work when I started until people were hired to fill all the voids.