Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Open discussion about my background and the sort of work ongoing at the company and how it can align with my interests. Also discussed what I am currently working on and the vision for the future.

Interview Questions

• Discuss past projects and some specific questions about skillset.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Asked questions about past experiences. Methods used in past projects. Technical aspects of past projects. How I approached specific parts of the interviews. Described their projects a bit after I asked about it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project "X" that was mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with HR specialists to review resume and talk about past expierences on my resume, pretty much a "getting to know you" type of conversation. Then, started getting asked why I was the person for the job.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was 3 level process consisting of application, two HR Reps, and manager. The job gave me purpose and learned alot. I believe in the company but not all interns get hired after graduation

Interview Questions

• When was a time you lead a team   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in April 2011.

Interview

As I was working previously for another position and fit al the requirements for the IT manager position. I just have an interview with the IT Director and financial Manager.

Interview Questions

• If I feel capable to deal and supervise otter workers?
      If I want to expand my knowledge by taking courses?
      If I feel fine traveling to latin America for a couple of days every two months?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

A bit disorganized from the recruiting angle. The first round was a breeze as it involved phone interviews and an office interview, which the interview process was actually interactive and unique. However, my second round interview involved the recruiter waking me up from bed on a particular morning asking me to come to their office in 3 hours. The recruiters are terrible at communicating sometimes, and have a one-sided way of relating with potential candidates.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

I had 2 rounds, one was a 10 minute telephonic introductory round with the team lead about the team and what they expect out of an intern. Also she asked what were my expectations out of this internship and career goals in general.
    The second round was a 1 hour - 45 mins telephonic round again with the HR and consisted of only behavioral questions. Most were situational type about my past corporate experience. They extended the offer at the end of the interview.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

took 2 weeks to process. Get email telling me to arrange a phone interview. About 5 or 6 people in a relax and professional mood. Took about 20 minutes. Then the coordinator emailed me afterwards saying theyll keep me informed. 1 week later got the offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online. Was contacted shortly after for a phone screening interview. Interview asked basic questions pertaining to resume and skillsets. After, a final interview session that consisted of four round-robin interviews with various hiring managers in the marketing department. The interviews were fairly straightforward and hiring managers were very casual and just genuinely nice people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about_______ (insert most obscure resume position here).   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different groups, had to do one project that was presented to a panel regarding a company that had a bad branding experience and talk to why it was bad. Overall was difficult, but with preparation was very doable. They brought roughly 30 individuals in for 10 positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a brand that had a bad branding experience   1 Answer