Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Then invited to intern interview event with 3/4 round robin interviews with different hiring managers. It was a good interview process; not intimidating or overbearing. Lots of other students were there interviewing for different positions.

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

Shadowed a Brand Manager for a day then had a formal interview. Received a call the following week with a formal offer from them company. Smooth and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, interviewer just asked for examples of various leadership, organizational, and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD).

Interview

Very drawn out. HR was completely unresponsive. If you are not interested in a candidate, be professional and don't take 5 months to close out a job req. And don't contact them again to do the same exact thing.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Portland, OR).

Interview

I interviews with a 22 year old young man fresh out of college. This was his first job, he’d only been on board for 6 months.

I am a successful senior marketer with an impressive global background.

The bottom line.... if you are over the age of 40 to 45 Stanley won’t even look at you? Pretty disappointing from such a great brand I used to support.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone screen with HR representative and then phone screen with the hiring manager. Then brought in for face to face interviews. I met with 5 people in 1 on 1 settings throughout the course of a day. There weren't any tricky questions and I don't think there were many behavioral questions.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Glen Burnie, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the Deputy Director, HR, and one manager. Basic interview questions, a lot surrounding integrity. Temporary position, and don't expect more than that, but always do your best - you never know. They generally let people go once the work runs out. I lasted 1 1/2 years before resigning. Good job to have while you are looking for something permanent. Helped me get by until I sound something better. A lot of great temporary workers there.

Interview Questions

• What have you done when your integrity has been challenged?   Answer Question

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Very slow interview process, HR is slow to respond. Took them about two months to make an offer after the on-site interview. A week after receiving the offer they suddenly wanted me to give another portfolio presentation before closing the loop. At that point I decided to accept to another job offer instead as I felt it was mutually beneficial for both parties not to waste each other's time further.

Process I went through:
    1) HR phone screen
    2) Phone interview with hiring manager
    3) Onsite - Portfolio presentation (group) + 1:1 interview with ID director + HR interview

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (East Greenwich, RI).

Interview

I applied with a friends reference and in only one application I was hired. Most people I knew had applied several times to finally be hired and a good portion of them were never hired. I noticed there were a couple things circled on my application, the first of which was I currently working. The second was my willingness to work any and all shifts and hours. This was for any hourly manufacturing floor position that I was applying. I was called within 3 days of applying and within 5 I was filling out paperwork for benefits, and within 12 days I was hired as a nail packer making $7.45 an hour working 55 hours a week mandatory. Within 6 months I was awarded the nail polishing position and was making $12.25 an hour. Within a year I was on thread rollers making eventually(2 years) at my top rate $21.94 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do I want family benefits or single   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (New York, NY).

Interview

Two weeks after applying online I was interviewed in person by both HR and lead manager (separately), three days after I had a phone interview with corporate officers in another location. Two weeks later I was offered position. Criminal background check, employment check and drug testing took another 5 weeks before start date.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing unusual. It was more a philosophical conversation about company culture and finding personalities that fit within the current team.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a response within about a week. Initial phone screen went well and was told I'd be moving forward to next steps, to which I never got a call or response to a follow up email that I sent. Being in the field, I find follow up and setting expectations to be a primary function of recruiting/talent acquisition and absolutely necessary! It fell short in this situation and I'm disappointed. I'm fine with rejection and I obviously wasn't the right fit candidate, but please have the professional courtesy to inform me in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What roles have you recruited for? How many positions are you responsible for? Nothing in depth or behaviorally based in this phone screen.   Answer Question