Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

applied via my school's career website, followed by a phone interview. last round was a super day held in Towson. it was comprised of three interviews and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about a recen nnews item not related to the business   Answer Question

Fork Lift Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

They ask you a bunch of general questions. However, you need to know how to drive a forklift to a T, they do not have time to train employees interested in it.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

The Stanley Black & Decker Sales and Marketing Development Program interview process is a 3 stage process, for me it lasted about 4 weeks. I applied for an out of state position, I am in the South but the region I applied is Northeast. As apart of the first step, I was contacted by a HR representative via email, desiring to set up a date for a phone interview. She was very friendly and made the interview more so a conversation which was nice. She asked typical questions : Tell me about yourself, how do you stay organized, and what do you know about the position. At the end of the interview she offered an invitation to the second round interview. I then had to visit a local Home Depot/Lowe's with a Marketing Manager and Sales Coordinator. They went into great detail of the Stanley Black and Decker products and the position. The store walk thru portion of the interview was about 30 minutes. Then we had a more formal interview, where we sat down and I was then asked formal questions. That portion of the interview also lasted about 30 minutes. After that about 3 days later I received an email from my HR representative offering an invitation to the final round. The final round was done via video web cam. I met two Divisional Sales Managers.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Auburn, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Really laid back. Everyone I have talked to has been personable and easy going. 1. phone interview 2. face to face 3. dinner 4. flying out to Baltimore for a couple day final round interview process

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in April 2014.

Interview

Lengthy and informal. Everyone was very nice but there were many weeks that went by before the next interview. There was a brief phone interview, informal sit down meeting, store walk, and then a final round interview that most attend in Maryland.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Two phone Interviews, one in person, and final interview at head quarters in Baltimore. There was a presentation at the final interview on a tool (They tell you what tool it is beforehand)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

30-40 minutes. one person. You must be ready to answer put your experience and schooling to the program. Seems very specific in what they are looking at. Be willing to give the interviewer a specific place or a list of specific places that you might want to look at.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to gain in the Company?   1 Answer

Shipping Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Direct on site interview with two managers from two units, with no interaction with human resources department. Got the invitation for an interview 2 days after I had applied for it online.

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Plymouth, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call by the manager. It sounded as though he was doing the dishes while I spoke with him. I then was invited to go to Minnesota for an interview. The interview was attended by two people who would be my peers. The manager brought up the topic of salary. I asked to discuss that another time (when my peers were not in attendance). The manager insisted. I was done with that interview. ... I use the product but that manager was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What salary requirements? while peers were in attendance   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

The whole process took at least 2 months. Had at least 2 phone calls first before meeting in person. When go into the office, met many people, in person, and also on the phone. Background check took at least another 2-3 weeks.