Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

The whole process took at least 2 months. Had at least 2 phone calls first before meeting in person. When go into the office, met many people, in person, and also on the phone. Background check took at least another 2-3 weeks.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewers spent a decent amount of time getting to know me and asked me several questions about my resume and my background. I was also given a tour at the end of the interview of the facilities and shown some of the work that they typically do.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to stay on a project from beginning to end, or do you prefer to participate only in the upfront design phase and move on to something else?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

Met at my college career fair. Got a phone call interview (~30 minutes) a week later with HR. Then I was invited down to the headquarters in Towson for an in person interview as well as a dinner with other applicants. Dinner was fine, more of a getting to know the company type of thing. Interview was in 2 parts. A 30 minute interview with HR and a 45 minute interview with engineers.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest risk you've ever taken.   1 Answer
    • What are the functions of capacitors?   1 Answer

Repair Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

I applied online and roughly 2-3 weeks later I received an email from the manager wanting to schedule an interview. The interviewer was really nice, she pretty much asked questions about my experience and a couple general interview questions. After the interview I walked around with the shop lead and he showed me around the facility. I was told by the manager she would be in touch the following week. The following week she called and offered me the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I never negotiated because it was more than what I was making at my previous job

Iadp Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in October 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of behavioral questions such as.. tell me a time when you did x. There were no questions asked about my resume. Most of the interview was technical questions, like an oral accounting exam. The interview was divided so you would meet with two sets of interviewers for a half an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a subject in accounting you are very familiar with.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through a college career fair. initial phone interview was fairly simple, walk the HR rep through your resume and tell them about any leadership / team experiences you have had. Final round was a superday that took about 3 hours with 4 total interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked in a team and took on a leadership role.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD).

Interview

I met with hiring manager and other members of the team on an on campus recruitment event and was invited to come in for an interview. Interview involved me sitting in one room and five employees coming in one after another. I then got an email offer and then invited to come in again for a presentation where incoming recent graduated were given an overview of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a set entry level offer. I asked for a sign-on bonus but did not get one.

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was really long. Applied online on June 10,2016 and got in for first interview on August 9,2016 which is almost 2 months. The phone interview was really easy. Based entirely on resume. Apart from that a few general knowledge questions about ARM processors. And a lot of questions on Analog to Digital converter as it was used in one of my projects.

Interview Questions

• How does A-D Converter work?
      in 8051, A-D is present inside the chip or outside connections need to be made?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

easy questions. every one was very pleasant and made me feel at ease. the hardest question was why do you want to work for us? The company information was great and the reviews on glass door were helpful as well.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-site with 4 hiring managers and 3 co-workers. Interviews with co-workers were very helpful to get a sense of the culture and expectations. Hiring managers were knowledgeable about the product and the content of the work. Process was very efficient and helpful to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• What were my responsibilities in previous jobs? What were my past accomplishments?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?
      What were my past job accomplishments?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?
      What type of work did I like doing?   1 Answer