Stanley Black & Decker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Auburn, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Both rounds were extremely laidback and comfortable. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary but they did catch me off guard with the "what was your biggest risk you've taken" question. On the second round they placed a water bottle in front of me and told me to sell it to them. ( They were nice though and laughed with/at me throughout the entire 'performance'.)
    All in all, a VERY enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What has been the biggest risk you've taken?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Call after call after call then interview after interview and finally another interview, completely waste of my time and their time. Also, I never heard from them back to let me know I did or didn't have he job. When I call them back they refuse to pick up nor response to my emails

Interview Questions

• Typical bs questions and waste of time   1 Answer

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Great, easy and fast process they are very competent once you are accepted. first the interview took place at the business center afterwards the follow up was with the division´s directors by phone and the questions were really informal and they wanted to see if you have the passion and commitment to learn about the business and be ready to take an active role within the company.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Marietta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. It started with a phone interview, however the interviewer never bothered to show up for the call. I followed up the same day and the following day and didn't get any form of explanation or reason. I even contacted the hiring manager directly and was told that all candidates need to be vetted by HR first. When I said he never showed up, I never got a response.

Open Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD).

Interview

Interview took approximately 5 weeks process via external recruiter. It was multiple positions open so it was open interview..... very time punctual. Well organized. Impressive process . There were 8 people in interview. 2 on 1 based. And laSt hr interview one on one based. It was easy to difficult if you know what you gonna bring on board.

ElectroMechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

3.5 hour round-robin interviews with 5 people (45 minutes each). I was the only candidate present. Interviews were in the following order:
    • HR—generic character questions (tell me about a time when...)
    • Electrical Engineer—resume project descriptions, a basic EE question (voltage dividers, H-bridge functionality)
    • Mechanical Engineer—resume project descriptions, "Why SB&D"-type questions
    • Director of Construction Innovation—role-playing troubleshooting a problem (actually fun)
    • Senior Safety Engineer—resume project descriptions

Interview Questions

• (HR) Tell me about a time when you were angry at a decision your team had made:   1 Answer
    • (EE) "What types of batteries did you use to power this project on your resume? Did you actively check to see voltage levels of the batteries? If you were to, what type of circuit would you have used and what's the equation for it?"   1 Answer
    • (ME) What was the most complicated thing you've ever disassembled/ reassembled?   1 Answer
    • (Dir. of Construction Innovation) Brought in 2 different, partially-disassembled drills. Explained that one was an older version of the other. Proceeded to explain the differences between them in their designs, and finished by stating that the newer drill model has a specific flaw (i.e. it breaks prematurely in normal use cases).
      "You can run any tests you like and I'll be your technician. I'll tell you what the ordered test output: if you ask to see a slow-motion video of a certain action, I'll explain/ draw what I saw. If you ask for some analysis, we can return a graphical representation of results. Your job is to find out why the newer model is breaking prematurely as described."   1 Answer

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. After two weeks, I got a phone interview. The phone interview was easy. Basically went through my resume and talked about my skills with some basic technical questions.

An on-site interview was set up the following week. Four interviewers came one by one. Behavioral questions are quite common. Technical questions went from very easy to very hard, mostly about analog circuits. They asked me to analysis circuits about their actual design, which is quite complicated.

HR contacted the next week and gave me an offer.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Vice President of Sales, Director of North American Sales Was in Person. HR interview Was Over The Phone. Background Check,Drug Test is Mandatory. Negotiated Salary With Director of North American Sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell Us How You Would Go About Planning Your Schedule For One week, One Month and etc ?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted application

Email questionnaire
    About specifics of me and how I would approach the role

Ride along with distributor
    This was encouraged and optional; the distributor discouraged me from taking the role and offered me a position on a route he had just purchased.

Interview with regional manager
    We talked about SBD and the role, I asked a lot of questions, he had answers for everything. We talked about the salary but he was not a decision maker with this and was off in his estimates.

5 FaceTime interviews with upper management
    This was more listening than talking and a lot of repeating the same things I had said in the pervious interviews.

Offer was made and more details sent via email.

I proposed a counter offer and it was rejected and I declined the original offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it?   1 Answer
    • Why should I take invest in hiring you?   Answer Question
    • This position requires 80% overnight travel- are you ok with that?   Answer Question

We couldn't come to an agreement on starting salary. I didn't feel as if the company wanted me as much as they wanted to get someone in a hard-to-fill position.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Good interview with a lot of people - 5-6. They did a phone screen and then arrange a TP at their satellite location. Offer was made a week later, but I request a site visit which follow with more interviews and meet team members.