Stanley Black & Decker Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanley Black & Decker Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter through LinkedIn. He shared my resume with 2 teams. Both were interested. I had 2 phone interviews one with each. Was flown to Townson, MD for in person. The interview consisted of 6 one-on-ones. The recruiter was saying I was a top candidate all the time. After the interview I got back home and sent a thank you email. A week passed by and I sent her a e-mail asking about status of my application since she told me I would know right away if I was accepted. A couple of weeks passed and I called. She said they liked my interview and that they were finalizing the interview process with other candidates. Another week passed I sent an email, tried a couple of call and never heard from them again. RUDE!

Interview Questions

• Dimension part with GD&T. Draw 3rd view. Gear ratio question. Determine the manufacturing process of different parts they would show.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD).

Interview

Interviewees will meet with several SBD employees, both managers and colleagues of the same position. The key quality of the interview is to demonstrate a match for the company ethos - jovial, positive, straight talking.

Interview Questions

• You will likely be asked simple technical questions (e.g. solve an equation or diagnose an issue). As an example for a mechanical engineer, "how does an easy bake oven work?" The point is to answer the question as fully as possible   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Southington, CT).

Interview

2 phone screens, then onsite. Shoved in room for 4 hours. No follow-up tour of work area, or whom potentially would be working with. No information about the community, housing, etc. Sent to elevator and sent on the way. Got the feeling of "Don't let the door hit you in the back on the way out". Response to interview was poor or non-existent.

Interview Questions

• How quickly can you get projects done. That was the main concern.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick and basic, standard STAR format interview, took a couple of rounds before being invited to an in person interview, then never heard back, just went quiet and stopped responding to emails.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with your boss and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus job listing, was contacted a month later and participated in phone screen. Once past phone screen attended interview day where interviewed with three seperate engineers who worked in different sections of the business. One interviewer was technical, one behavioral and one asked alot about contents of resume

Interview Questions

• Draw a FBD of the below system and determine the output of the system. Explain answer to interviewer   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Interview

Interview -> Tour -> a few more interviews. Lunch and meeting some people in the training facility included. You meet with about 10 people over the 4 interviews including an HR meeting

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in November 2018.

Interview

1. Phone interview: It lasted about 30 minutes. It was pretty casual and easy. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.
    2. Then got an email for an on-site interview. The interview was bit less traditional. There were 4 engineers and an HR rep present in the interview, and was told to bring 2-3 projects to present. After the presentations, there were some technical questions (i.e. I was shown a part and was asked to identify it, the material it was made of and how I would go on about 3D modeling it in a CAD software).
    3. Didn't hear back for 2 months, but then was offered another interview. Final round consisted of a relaxed behavioral interview with my direct manager (which I didn't know at the time).

Interview Questions

• There is a stapler than can only staple 10 staples per day. How do we make it staple 100 staples per day?   1 Answer