Stanley Black & Decker Sales and Marketing Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales and Marketing Development Program

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

Sales and Marketing Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

The interview process was awesome! It started with an on campus information night, then a first and second round interview on campus. Round 2.5 was a store walkthrough and round 2.75 was a dinner with one of the recruiters. They invested a lot of time in us before flying us out to corporate in Towson, Maryland for a 2 day final round interview. The first day was several information sessions with a tour of the SBDU campus. We were given tons of opportunities to ask questions about the company, and they really helped us understand the position in full so there would be no surprises when starting employment. There was a dinner and activity at the Baltimore harbor where we got to display teamwork skills and network with Market Managers. We could ask them anything we wanted to, because they had gone through this exact process 1-2 years ago. Day 2 consisted of interviews with 3 higher up professionals from HR. We also were required to give a 5 minute presentation on a Dewalt tool in front of 3 HR reps. This was the most intimidating part of the process, just because all eyes were on you. We were given several specifications about the product, and were not able to use notes during the presentation! Making it fun and interesting worked best for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank Yourself, The Company, and The Product in order of importance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. The salary and benefits were clearly defined at the beginning of the interview process with no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Took over a month from initial application to final interview. First a phone interview , then a store walk with a current SMDP employee then back to back phone interviews with 2 of the Sales Manager. Then offer came within a day or 2.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavioral questions, nothing to crazy. Be ready to pitch yourself in the store walk   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

Process has three stages. The first is a brief phone screen with an HR rep. Questions were easy, simple background ("tell me about yourself") - basically measuring that you can hold a conversation. Second round is a store walk, where you meet with a sales coordinator in a Home Depot, walk through the store as they tell you about the first position and ask some situational questions. ("How would you build relationships with store managers?" "What do you see in this aisle that you could improve upon"). Final round is a little tougher - 2 day interview in Towson MD with a group of about 50 other people. First day is lots of Q&A, info, tours, panels, meet n greet, etc. Second day is a sales pitch and three 1-1 interviews. It's a sales position so they are really just looking for people who are confident, outgoing, hardworking and competitive.

Interview Questions

• Give a 5 minute sales pitch on a specific product. The product info was given to you a week before. Sales pitch is given in a room with a "customer" and 3 judges.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker.

Interview

The first interview consisted of fairly basic interview questions. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and the interview felt conversational. Second round was a walk through around one of the stores they work with. Third round they fly you to Maryland.

Application

Interview

Phone Screen, Store Walk Interview, Final Round Panel Interviews in Towson, MD

Everyone throughout the interview process was friendly, encouraging, and helpful. It is easy to tell they want to help make sure you fit with them as much as they may fit with you.

Sales and Marketing Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in March 2010.

Interview

Got an interview with the company. The interviewer mis scheduled me so I ended up missing the interview. He called me and said that he messed up and that he wanted to talk to me. So I had an interview the next day which went very well.

Application

Interview

I applied through Career Services at my University and was contacted for a interview. Was encouraged to attend information session with company the night before the interview. I was told that the interview process would have three rounds with the first to happening on campus and the third at the headquarters. Waiting to hear about the third round of interviews. Was told it would take about a month to hear back.