Stanley Black & Decker Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

2.0

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD).

Interview

Answered a posting. Got a call from internal recruiter (Neil). Phone interview which asked basic experience questions, Came in with more interview questions to a stressed out bunch of managers.. Offered job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How did you pushback on the job?   Answer Question

Found out how bad the place was and immediately declined. HR called and tried to explain the feelings by the employee in the company and the annual layoffs.

Other Interview Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. After a brief discussion, I was handed off to the main recruiter who works directly with SB&D. He was friendly and knowledgeable - a CPA. Apparently he is the only guy that SB&D uses for Finance recruitment. And he works with the CFO on the Finance staff development plans/reviews.

He liked me and I visited the campus for an onsite interview. Nice location but I was struck with their mission statement - "A numbers organization with values". I heard some negative comments about B&D. Specifically, that they would fur low their staff to hit a quarterly number - not good management. As a Finance professional, I value hitting your numbers but not at the expense of your staff.

Throughout the interview, I also got the sense there were other parts of their culture that did not match with me. The interviewers all mentioned a sense of competition among the staff. Competition, not excellence, this was strange. I felt SB&D pushes their staff to excel by feeding on other team member's failures.

I lost my enthusiasm for the position mid-way through the interview process, and did not continue.

Interview Questions

• They seem to focus on the standard behavioral questions. I.e. "Name a time when you failed and what happened..."   Answer Question