Stanley Black & Decker Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

1 Interview Review

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in to interview for 3 positions in the accounting department. I worked with the internal recruiter who was very nice and told me that I was one of the top candidates who they were interested in interviewing. It was a one on one interview with 5-6 people, about 30 minutes each. I had a break for lunch where they left me in a room by myself and brought me food and closed the door, which was the most odd thing I’ve seen during an interview process. I had some facts on my resume and one of the interviewers was really trying hard to catch me if there was inaccurate information. I listed on my resume that I worked with a software when I was an intern and the interviewer asked me specific questions about that software. I worked with it more than 3 years prior to the interview so I really couldn't recall that much and the interviewer pretty much told me “so you don’t have experience with this software”. This left a very bad taste in my mouth because he was making me look as if I was lying on my resume. I got a call right after the interview and the recruiter said that the interview went “really bad” and the interviewers didn’t have positive feedback (hence i didn’t get any offers out of the 3 positions I was interviewing for). Well, I guess after this experience, even if I did get an offer, I think I’d still pass on it. Peace!

Interview Questions