Stanley Black & Decker Stanley Leadership Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stanley Black & Decker Stanley Leadership Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Stanley Black & Decker

3.3

Stanley Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in February 2013.

Interview

They seemed very interested at my on-campus interview but I did not get a second interview. A lot of leadership questions like how do you motivate people?

Interview Questions

• With you being a pretty, blonde girl, men in this industry will try to undermine you and think you don't know what you are talking about. How would you handle that?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

Stanley Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in October 2012.

Interview

It was a long process, from the recruiter through to the last and final in person interview was a 9 step process, from phone interviews to written responses about your goals and expectations. Long process just to be dismissed at the end over very small details. They did give reasons why I was passed over, which is very nice.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific engineering example of how you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Stanley Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stanley Black & Decker in November 2012.

Interview

Had seen position listed in the school career assistance listings and was interested in the program. Met the recruiter and discussed the program briefly and was given a reference number for the job. Set up an initial interview the following Monday with recruiter and the channel manager. One hour interview, walked through resume with no particular surprises in the questioning. Professional and friendly in tone.

The interview went well, but my only issue upon exiting was that neither interviewer seemed to be able to tell me what I might be doing in the initial rotational position beyond that I would be working in a marketing channel. I was a finance major and the ad asked for a finance graduate. I don't expect too many details in a first interview and expected more in a 2nd interview.

Called and set up a phone interview with national director of the SLP the following Monday. Again, very friendly and cordial, but halfway through the interview I still had very little idea how the rotational program was structured or what I might be doing. Even after I asked, I couldn't seem to get a straight answer other than a marketing rotation. Red flags were going up and I just had a feeling that I was going to wind up in some sales position. I don't think I did much to mask that feeling. Nonetheless, the director and I talked compensation and walked me through the offer process. I was told I'd hear something by the end of the week. I did not, but followed up the following week and was told they'd make a decision soon. A few days later they followed up informing me they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: What about this position would be a deal-breaker for you?   1 Answer