Stantec Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stantec Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Stantec

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stantec (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position towards the beginning of August. I received a voicemail in mid-September from an HR rep asking me if I was available for a phone interview on that day and that it was the last day they were interviewing. The call came at noon and I didn't have a chance to check it till I was out of work from my current job. I called back that night and left a message anyways. The following week they returned my call and booked me for a phone interview.

Phone interview last an hour which I felt was unusually long for a phone interview. The interview went well. The questions all had to do with explaining, in detail, what some of my job responsibilities were, how fluent I was in certain computer skills and my length of experience with different processes.

At the end of the interview I was asked to come in for an in-office interview. However, I was informed that the in-office interview would last 2 hours minimum. 1 hour for the interview and 1 hour for a writing prompt. Having heard this I felt a little like I was in school. I'm usually asked to submit writing samples or given something at home. It seemed very inconvenient to have to take off so much time from my current job to complete a writing prompt. Considering my phone interview was with the person who would be my direct supervisor, I was unsure of what the 1 hour in person interview would consist of. I had a feeling that they gave the time quote since there would be a lot of waiting around at the time of interview.

The very next morning an HR rep called to cancel the interview b/c of travel issues for the hiring manager. They told me to keep the first week of October open. I did. No one responded to my check ins during the first week of the month until that Friday. Again, asking me last minute for the in-person interview. They asked if I was available Monday or Tuesday the following week, which I was not. I kindly decline the in-person interview because I already felt so jerked around that I didn't feel the company was one that I'd want to work for.

I find the hiring process was ill-planned and drawn out. This position has been online for several months, yet I was pushed into scheduling last minute interviews because of their poor planning. The HR department, based in NJ, was not professional in the least. The phones were always down and my inability to get through to a member of their team may have appeared as procrastination on my part.

If just speaking with the company about a position is this disorganized, I cannot imagine the horror that is the actual job.

Interview Questions

• They try to gauge your fit for the position by having you rate your fluency with a program/process. Do your research to find out what the emphasis responsibilities of the role are before you tell them your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stantec

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butler, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stantec (Butler, PA).

Interview

The first interview was not like any I've had before. They didn't seem interested in asking about me or my credentials. They just told me about the job. We were interrupted many times during the interview by other employees. It lasted less than a half hour and I walked out bewildered and confused. A month later I got called for a second interview where I met with some of the architects. They were nice but were more interested in chatting than finding out about my experience. That interview was about an hour. I waited a month to hear something and finally called them to find out I wasn't chosen after they had told me I would hear back either way.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

After submitting the resume, HR first called with an initial pre-screen phone call, which you pass and it leads to someone from your particular department doing a phone call interview first - usually quick half an hour and then they call you for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went over and beyond your job duties at work?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stantec in February 2017.

Interview

The first step of the recruitment process was a screening with the recruiter, followed by an in person interview at the office. The interview followed the usual i process including questions and scenarios. The only remark I have is that after not receiving the offer, I received 3 emails from the company with the same message.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to juggle multiple priorities.   Answer Question