Staples Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2018

2.5

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Warwick, RI) in April 2013.

Interview

phone interview with a recuiter to go over the details of the position and initial screening, then an in person interview with ASM. finally a phone call with a regional director

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Very short process. I was reached out to by a recruiter, following one phone interview I was brought in for an in person with my manager. This was a very basic sales interview. Following this I did a ride along with another sales person. Here you got to experience going door to door first hand.

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Maitland, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

It was your typical interview process..... Applied online..... Had a phone interview....... Did a face to face interview..... Accepted the Offer.... Nothing outside of the ordinary. If you look up any decent interview question and answer site you will be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Maitland, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone call and then an in-person interview with two managers. They asked you questions about your past what you could bring the table why you? All in all it was a very simple process because the turnover is so high there they hire just about anyone

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in December 2013.

Interview

Spoke to HR over the phone for around 20-30 mins then we scheduled an in person meeting. I met with HR at the headquarters for around 45 mins, then I met with the man i would report to then 2 others at the office downtown. Everyone was super nice and professional UNTIL 6 months into working there....

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

2 phone interviews, one in person interview. Each lasted less than 30 minutes. Spoke with recruiter first, asked personality based questions mostly. Then spoke with regional manager who asked more motivation based questions. Final interview was with regional and area managers who just asked about work experience, what motivates you to do a good job and things of that nature.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Lansing, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and the process took over a month. After the recruiter phone interview I was put in contact with an HR hiring manager. After that phone interview I was contacted by phone from an area hiring manager. We completed the interview on an online webinar type environment. However, we could not see each other and had to use our phones for sound? Maybe he was watching me I am not entirely sure. He seemed very disinterested right from the start and commented many times on my lack of print and marketing experience. I don't understand why my resume passed through a recruiter and HR and wasted my time. Again they contacted me not the other way around. A few weeks after the webinar I received an email with the classic "pursuing other applicants" rant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received initial call by applying on ZIP-RECRUITER from senior HR executive. Scheduled a follow-up telephone interview with same person. Both initial call & second interview were highly professional & conducted with thoughtfulness & respect. Above everything else was that I received a thank you letter that told me I would not be continuing with the hiring process. Though disappointed I found that acknowledging my efforts to the process was very respectful--this was one of perhaps 2 or 3 letters I received out of the many interviews I've had. Great to know there are professionals who do their job very well indeed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this company?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a potential customer refuses an offer you make or simply says "no."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with regional recruiter to discuss background and experience. Next round was phone interview with hiring manager to further discuss my background and prior experience. Final interview was in person with panel of hiring manager and district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Discuss salary with recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Maitland, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed up by a manager interview and then a team interview. The team interview was in person with 2 team managers. There was a recruiter that was in a different state that followed me through the whole process. I spoke to 4 different managers in total, plus the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my sales goals and quota attainment in previous roles.   Answer Question