Staples Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.3

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA).

Interview

I applied online, and about a week later I got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening. The screening went well, and the recruiter told me I was a great candidate for the position and that she would forward my information to the sales manager. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything from the manager. The recruiter called me to let me know that the manager would be going on vacation and, he would set up an interview once he was back in town. Another two weeks go by without any contact from the recruiter or manager. Then I received a generic email stating they were moving forward with other candidates. The whole process was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for staples?
      What interested you about this position?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was simple (only takes one day and one interview with 2 managers), I answered a few simple questions like "Why do you want to work here", "Describe your previous jobs" and "What are your goals for the future" etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Marietta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Generic interview with normal questions. Asked about previous retail or warehousing experience. Focused on customer service type questions. NO questions pertaining to office supplies. Asked about last time dealt with malcontent customers and what was your response.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Decatur, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview and the process was very fast and enjoyable, the questions weren't tricky basically just giving the interviewer your skills related to the position you're applying too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had a work experience that bugged you.   1 Answer

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

asks lots of questions about previous jobs, several interviews and phone interviews, then video presentation. expected to make 100 calls on call days and set own appointments for the rest of the week.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and quickly received a response. A person e-mailed me requesting times to set up a phone interview. It was a very quick and simple process compared to the other companies I have been applying for in the same general field and location.

Interview Questions

• How are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied during the day, and I was called back on the same day. The next day, I went in for an interview. It was super casual and laid back. Manager asked questions about me - school, clubs I attended, grades, future career (college), etc..

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Aptitude Test/Survey
    Call
    Face to Face interview in Sandy Springs, GA - immediately could tell the interviewer was a "real character" so I did not pursued employment with the company any further.

Interview Questions

• The interview was really strange. He asked for me to ask him questions I had then wrote all of them down and then answered all of them in at once. By far the worst interview I have had because the guy was extremely rude.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I knew a district manager with the company and I had worked with his brother at another retailer. I expressed an interest in working with staples and was flexible with locations. I submitted a resume and an application on line for an open store. I had a phone interview after I had a face to face with the district manager. after the phone interview I had a interview with the regional vice president and regional human resources rep. I received a verbal offer within a few days and a written offer with in ten.

Interview Questions

• all questions revolved around normal retail environment questions and customer/associate situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

when salary was discussed they made an offer and I countered, they accepted my counter

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I could tell from the email that the recruiter was going to be tough. She asked me very specific questions that would only be applicable to someone who has been in sales for many years, even though Staples doesn't hide the fact that it hires many college graduates for this position. She barely asked me about my background, but when she did, she pretty much made it seem as if my work wasn't relevant. To be clear, I have been in sales and in the field for about three years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when the people you were working difficult people who made it hard to complete a sale? Describe a complex sale that required you to remember a lot of information.   Answer Question