Staples Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.6

University Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an employee referral, and was contacted within a few days to conduct a phone interview with hiring manager. Then was asked to corporate for an onsite interview with various team members and stakeholders. The interview process was managed quickly and with the candidate experience in mind. All of the interviewers were very engaged, interested in my experience, and happy to answer any and all of my questions. In the end the job was not a fit for me, but the experience with Staples was top notch.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job on their website and received an e-mail from their HR department to do a phone screen. It took a couple of weeks just to set that up because the person never responded to my e-mails. He finally responded and I did the phone screen. He asked normal questions for about 20 minutes. A couple days later he e-mailed me regarding a face to face interview. I was set up with two people to talk to for a half an hour. I got to the interview early and waited for the first person I was interviewing with to come and get me. She was 10 minutes late. She took me up to an interview room and we had a conversational interview that I thought went well, but it was short because she was late. The other person came in and it was the same type of interview for a half an hour. After that I left and thought it went pretty well. After that I e-mailed thank you's to both people I interviewed with and did not get a response. The interview was a week before Christmas so I didn't expect to hear anything until January. The first of the year I e-mailed the HR department regarding next steps and did not receive a response. So I e-mailed the people I interviewed with and did not get a response. It's been over a month and I never received anything from the company, so I assume I did not get the job. I think it is extremely rude that no one had the common courtesy to at least e-mail me and tell me I didn't get the job. The HR department is really bad at this company and my overall experience with Staples was poor. I do not think I would want to work at a company that treats potential employees this way.

Interview Questions

• It was more a conversational interview. No behavioral questions or anything like that.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Chaos. The recruiter told me to go in for an interview... but never told the coordinator or the people I was supposed to meet. So the first time I showed up at the HQ office, nobody knew I was coming. The second time, I waited for 45 minutes in the lobby before the hiring manager showed-up to fetch me and walk me to their office to talk. The hiring manager asked me to "go thru my resume" which is code for "I'm not prepared for this interview". I could go on, but why bother. My impression is that they take a shotgun approach to staffing, with serious disconnects between the recruiters, hr program managers, and hiring managers. Great place for "B" players; not a place that will attract and retain "A" players. After I waited a while to hear about next steps, I assumed nothing was going to happen going forward. I called the recruiter and let them know that because of their chaotic approach, I would not consider any other positions with Staples and would warn my friends to stay away from them.

Interview Questions

• Take me thru your resume...   1 Answer
    • Why Staples?   1 Answer
    • This job involves attending a lot of meetings. How do you feel about that?   1 Answer
    • Are you too senior [in your career] for this job?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter via university carrier website. Pre-selected for on campus interview. One on campus interview with a product management manager. Was asked behavioral questions and experience based questions. Interview was very natural- PM manager started off with a clear discussion about the role in it self. He didn't really know much about the new role since he joined staples not long ago. Got invited to on-site final interview with two senior product managers. The final interview was very chill. Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would do to help improve Staples?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was slow and disorganized. Phone screens with recruiter then a manager and then the hiring manager. I was then invited to on-site interview. Once I got there I was told that the first interviewer was going to be late so I had to wait for about 15 minutes. Once the interview arrived he didn't know which conference room to use as it was not specifically specified in the interview email. Once we found a room he was busy checking his phone and kept being interrupted.

The second interview came in and was sitting down when he started asking technical questions. The questions were not hard but the ways he phrased those questions were very generalized as though he wasn't sure what he was asking. Then started lecturing me about management stuff, which I know a lot of what he said were not correct. He was nice but very disorganized in the way he interview. I was nervous and couldn't think straight when he asked me to write some pseudo-code.

The third interiewer was the worst. The whole time he was looking at his phone and sending out text messages. This guy has no respect for interviewee.

The last interviewer was the nicest one. He asked A LOT of questions and was very polite.

Senior Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a Staples recruiter conversation, then a phone conversation with the hiring mgr and then an on-site interview with 4 employees. Went back for another on-site interview to talk to 2 more employees and then was contacted by the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style and have you ever dealt with an employee that was not meeting performance expectations.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I was in contact with an admin and was told to come to Staples headquarters. I was interviewed by four people total. They came into the conference two at a time as they had different roles.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. I described my past voice-of-the customer research in implementation plans for eCommerce among small, ,medium, and large firms in different vertical markets.Outcome of the interview is pending. I keep getting a robocall saying they want to speak with me further, and to refer back to the associated email, but a search of my inbox doesn't reveal any email from staples on this topic.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy. General manager asked about previous work experience and college. Had no difficulty at all. Once I told him that I've worked in retail before, I basically had the job.

Interview Questions

• A sales associate here is basically a cashier. Do you have cashier experience?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then about a week later received an email to setup a phone screen. Passed the phone screen and then received an email to setup an in person interview. The interview was originally setup to meet with 4 people but 1 had to cancel due to a scheduling conflict. When I got there and met the first person they were unprepared and the room where we were scheduled to due the interview was locked. It took about 10 mins for the person giving the interview to find a key to unlock the door. After about 20 mins she said she had to cut the interview short because someone else was waiting. Not too mention they described the role completely different then it was described online. After I met with the first person the second interviewer was late due to a phone call and when he finally arrived was still on his cell phone. He finally got off the phone leaving me with a 5 minute interview. Finally the 3rd person came in, looked absolutely exhausted, and described the role completely different then the first 2 people. After a couple weeks I was told they gave the job to an internal hire. The interview process was a waste of time as I feel they had their minds made up before I even walked through the door. Maybe it was better I did not receive an offer.