Staples Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.6

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plaistow, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Plaistow, NH).

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. Was introduced to managers, filled in on the job requirements, answered a few questions, asked a few questions. Negotiated hours and pay. No intense questioning or stressful environment. Just a nice, basic job interview. A good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in sales and/or being a cashier?   Answer Question

E-Commerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I did 4 interviews and they took 2.5 months to let me know the outcome. 3/4 of the managers were new to the company (less than one year). The company is clearly in trouble and poorly managed. All the charts I analyzed for the interview ironically were all indicating that Staples is having trouble financially.

Interview Questions

• Can you do long division without a calculator?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was mostly resume based. It was an onsite interview. I cleared the onsite interview. Then there was another phone interview. Both of them were mostly technical. Both of them lasted for about 30 mins. It was the first time there were 2 interviews for a co-op.

Interview Questions

• Why Staples?
      Describe the technical project you're involved in.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall negative experience!

Long tiring process. Interview panel had a very negative and rude outlook (including directors). I felt like they were not at all interested in interviewing me (total waste of my time). They all seemed very frustrated. Interview room had a broken and dated projector. No markers (yes, no stationary - when the company is all about office supplies) to explain a problem on whiteboard. They asked me to prepare a presentation, and during presentation directors were not even paying attention to what I was saying, they kept yawning and looking outside the door.

The technologies they asked me about were very dated as well, they still use old legacy systems. Phew, spare me the horror!

I am glad I was not selected in the end :) I wish them best in future but I didn't really feel any connection with the people there, which matters most to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a presentation on (Big-data) data set   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very casual, met with the 3 VPs and another Sr Admin in a small room, 30 minute interviews back to back. It was a great insight to the company.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals for my career in the next say 5 years, how are you at handling calendar management?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to a representative at a career fair who asked me some questions on the spot, later was scheduled for an interview on campus. The interview was ~30 minutes and consisted primarily of experiential and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you've faced, and why?   1 Answer

University Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an employee referral, and was contacted within a few days to conduct a phone interview with hiring manager. Then was asked to corporate for an onsite interview with various team members and stakeholders. The interview process was managed quickly and with the candidate experience in mind. All of the interviewers were very engaged, interested in my experience, and happy to answer any and all of my questions. In the end the job was not a fit for me, but the experience with Staples was top notch.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job on their website and received an e-mail from their HR department to do a phone screen. It took a couple of weeks just to set that up because the person never responded to my e-mails. He finally responded and I did the phone screen. He asked normal questions for about 20 minutes. A couple days later he e-mailed me regarding a face to face interview. I was set up with two people to talk to for a half an hour. I got to the interview early and waited for the first person I was interviewing with to come and get me. She was 10 minutes late. She took me up to an interview room and we had a conversational interview that I thought went well, but it was short because she was late. The other person came in and it was the same type of interview for a half an hour. After that I left and thought it went pretty well. After that I e-mailed thank you's to both people I interviewed with and did not get a response. The interview was a week before Christmas so I didn't expect to hear anything until January. The first of the year I e-mailed the HR department regarding next steps and did not receive a response. So I e-mailed the people I interviewed with and did not get a response. It's been over a month and I never received anything from the company, so I assume I did not get the job. I think it is extremely rude that no one had the common courtesy to at least e-mail me and tell me I didn't get the job. The HR department is really bad at this company and my overall experience with Staples was poor. I do not think I would want to work at a company that treats potential employees this way.

Interview Questions

• It was more a conversational interview. No behavioral questions or anything like that.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Chaos. The recruiter told me to go in for an interview... but never told the coordinator or the people I was supposed to meet. So the first time I showed up at the HQ office, nobody knew I was coming. The second time, I waited for 45 minutes in the lobby before the hiring manager showed-up to fetch me and walk me to their office to talk. The hiring manager asked me to "go thru my resume" which is code for "I'm not prepared for this interview". I could go on, but why bother. My impression is that they take a shotgun approach to staffing, with serious disconnects between the recruiters, hr program managers, and hiring managers. Great place for "B" players; not a place that will attract and retain "A" players. After I waited a while to hear about next steps, I assumed nothing was going to happen going forward. I called the recruiter and let them know that because of their chaotic approach, I would not consider any other positions with Staples and would warn my friends to stay away from them.

Interview Questions

• Take me thru your resume...   1 Answer
    • Why Staples?   1 Answer
    • This job involves attending a lot of meetings. How do you feel about that?   1 Answer
    • Are you too senior [in your career] for this job?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter via university carrier website. Pre-selected for on campus interview. One on campus interview with a product management manager. Was asked behavioral questions and experience based questions. Interview was very natural- PM manager started off with a clear discussion about the role in it self. He didn't really know much about the new role since he joined staples not long ago. Got invited to on-site final interview with two senior product managers. The final interview was very chill. Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would do to help improve Staples?   Answer Question