Staples Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.6

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a Staples recruiter conversation, then a phone conversation with the hiring mgr and then an on-site interview with 4 employees. Went back for another on-site interview to talk to 2 more employees and then was contacted by the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style and have you ever dealt with an employee that was not meeting performance expectations.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I was in contact with an admin and was told to come to Staples headquarters. I was interviewed by four people total. They came into the conference two at a time as they had different roles.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. I described my past voice-of-the customer research in implementation plans for eCommerce among small, ,medium, and large firms in different vertical markets.Outcome of the interview is pending. I keep getting a robocall saying they want to speak with me further, and to refer back to the associated email, but a search of my inbox doesn't reveal any email from staples on this topic.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy. General manager asked about previous work experience and college. Had no difficulty at all. Once I told him that I've worked in retail before, I basically had the job.

Interview Questions

• A sales associate here is basically a cashier. Do you have cashier experience?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then about a week later received an email to setup a phone screen. Passed the phone screen and then received an email to setup an in person interview. The interview was originally setup to meet with 4 people but 1 had to cancel due to a scheduling conflict. When I got there and met the first person they were unprepared and the room where we were scheduled to due the interview was locked. It took about 10 mins for the person giving the interview to find a key to unlock the door. After about 20 mins she said she had to cut the interview short because someone else was waiting. Not too mention they described the role completely different then it was described online. After I met with the first person the second interviewer was late due to a phone call and when he finally arrived was still on his cell phone. He finally got off the phone leaving me with a 5 minute interview. Finally the 3rd person came in, looked absolutely exhausted, and described the role completely different then the first 2 people. After a couple weeks I was told they gave the job to an internal hire. The interview process was a waste of time as I feel they had their minds made up before I even walked through the door. Maybe it was better I did not receive an offer.

Operations Research Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the HR about 2 months later. I then had a phone screen and then an on-site interview at Framingham. There were four rounds of interviews with similar questions about my background and resume. I felt that the interviews were not structured properly and they were just filling in the time alloted.

Interview Questions

• Most of these were about my resume. Anyone who has a legitimate resume can answer these easily.   Answer Question

Architect/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and was called in for a personal interview that was supposed to last for about 3 hours. There was a change in schedule as one of the interviewers wasnt available and they brought in a different person to interview me. I had to wait for about 30 minutes and then the last interview went on for about 45 minutes. This, I dont have a problem with.

What I didnt like, was that i had taken a day off from work to drive to Staples HQ. I didn't hear anything about how my interview went. I left multiple voicemails with the HR/Recruiter, sent a couple of emails asking if there's an update.. nothing.

Interview Questions

• If i can handle a lot of stressful situations   1 Answer

Operations Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very exhausting, 4 interviews, back to back, no breaks. Same questions were asked in all of them, over and over again. Some of the interviewers had a negative attitude. This seems to be an old fashioned corporate. From the questions I have asked, I had an impression that the company does not use state of the art technology.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to my resume and the projects I worked on.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with HR and then with manager. 1st visit to meet the team, 2nd visit for technical question. Pretty standard across industry. People that I met with were very nice.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Cambridge, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

was very easy just basic questions about previous employers then consented to background check process took about 7 days due to the holiday season and new years but overall the process was not to bad going through just had to play the waiting game.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your personality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No they were straight forward.