Staples Business Development Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Business Development Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

The hiring process was quick. There was an initial call with the sales manager to see if we would be a fit for one another. Basic behavior questions that demonstrate attitude and activity. The next step was an in person interview. Much of the same was asked in the portion of the interview - a few more questions about experience that would be considered relevant. I was invited to shadow a current rep for a day. That went well and I was invited for the final interview. In all I met with three different people and was given the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly straight forward questions to see if you are willing to do the work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Contacted by Regional manager online, set up interview with DM, wa further directed for an interview with another DM an dn RM. Scheduled ride along

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples in February 2013.

Interview

It was a long process. interviewed with recruiter, Then sales manager three times, Third time was with the Regional Sales Manager. Had to give a presentation on Staples and why I would be a good fit there. I had to follow up often. They never would call me first until I was being offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

many interviews. manager phone, recruiter phone interview, in person manager interview, sales presentation.
    Very extensive process. atleast 5 interviews.
    The company was very nice throughout the entire interview process.
    Interview questions were basic questions about how you would be an asset

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Multiple rounds with sales manager. These were pretty easy interviews and nothing was out of the ordinary. The final round interview also included the regional director. A sales presentation pitching why you would be a good fit was required.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the right fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed one on one at a staffing event. Got a call for a phone interview from a woman in HR. Went on to a 1:1 interview with a manager. Final presentation with the RVP and DSM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for entry level employees

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Many many interviews, both on the phone and in person plus multiple applications and online tests.

Interview Questions

• Some managers read off of a script that can be pages and pages of standard interview questions which really tell you nothing about the person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Coppell, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I had phone Interview with HR Screener; She said next interview would be with a Hiring Manager, and then with a Regional Manager; I was told the entire interview & hiring process could be 6 to 8 weeks. I was not given much hope because they had 300 applicants for 3 positions. I have a solid sales background and Business degree. The job would be a mix of inside/outside sales. Training for this position would be shadowing other employees for a couple of weeks, then formal classroom training after a month on the job, that training would only be 3-4 days. The BDA is expected to generate all of their own leads, no assistance from Staples. The BDA's mission is to persuade small to mid size companies to order all their office supplies thru Staples Advantage online. BDA doesn't have to get any contracts signed or required to sell any tangible products. Commission is based off dollar- amount of what your customers order. I felt this would be a good opportunity since Staples recently acquired Corporate Express. The projected first & second year salary is low; there is a car allowance, phone allowance, internet allowance. Just have an idea of how you would go about finding new leads; they expect a min. of 100 phone calls, 30 F2F cold calls; 10 F2F customer meetings; 4-6 follow-ups; 2-3 closes, all done each week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews.
    Typical interview questions..
    Staples is good starting point in your career.. Great job for a college grad!
    Hiring process is easy as long you study up on the company

Interview Questions

• Why should we select you to fill the position over a candidate ?
      Why did you decide to interview with us? Talk up Staples and why you are a good fit for the company.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Doesn't matter how long you have been in sales.. everyone starts out with the same salary..

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Louisville, KY) in March 2008.

Interview

Phone interview was simple. After that you are taken through a 1:1 that is basic sales experience questions. You then have another 1:1 with the regional sales director. Nothing off the wall, it was pretty basic questions like strengths, weaknesses, motivations. Then, you are asked to give a powerpoint presentation about the company and a description of yourself and your qualities. This is to test your presentation skills.