Staples Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Bristol, PA).

Interview

on line phone (screening) interview then one on one interview then finally an in-person presentation in front of hiring manager and regional manager. It was not a difficult interview process but the final, presentation can be a bit intimidating. Prepare a power point, practice it and you will be fine. You pretty much have the position if you have made it to this step - just preform well. They want to see you are confident in-person bc the job is a lot of in-person meetings/presentations.

Interview Questions

• presentation: tell us why you should work at Staples   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

4 interviews.
    1st informational interview is a phone interview with recruiter
    2nd interview is phone or in person interview with potential manager
    3rd interview is a ride along
    4th interview is a final presentation or role play

Interview Questions

• all behavioral questions. You just need to be likable , outgoing and motivated or at least you need to come off that way. You must also ask questions to show you're interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't ask to negotiate , it seems like everyone gets the salary.
    you also get a car allowance and ability to expense

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples in August 2016.

Interview

Initial Screening and Online Assessment
    Initial Screening done by HR about my background and skills. 15 minutes.
    Then Online assessment which I was able to do twice. simple logic and math questions followed by Agree Disagree type questions about motivation and work ethics.

They obviously don't want strong leaders that want to succeed and see others succeed, that work at a quick logical pace and value criticism and recognition for hard work.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your speed of work?
      are you a leader or a follower?
      do you like to be rewarded based on accomplishments or punished based on failures.   1 Answer

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the Staples website and process took about a week. Then I received an email from the recruiter to setup a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and informative about the position. After my initial phone interview with the recruiter she then forward my information to the hiring manager. About a day later The hiring manager reached out to me for a second phone interview and then setup a date for a in person interview. Once you make it this far you need to do a ride along to see if you would like the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and quickly received a response. A person e-mailed me requesting times to set up a phone interview. It was a very quick and simple process compared to the other companies I have been applying for in the same general field and location.

Interview Questions

• How are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Staples (La Mirada, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for a first interview at the office in La Mirada, CA. Because I am still completing my undergrad (graduating in a month) and have no experience, they didn't ask me too many questions about how I would close a sale. They weren't put off by my lack of experience though because I was a student-athlete. They asked me more character based questions. The next step in the interview process is a ride a long with a senior sales rep.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather host a party or go to a party?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY).

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to schedule a call after applying online. My call lasted about an hour and the recruiter passed my information along to the Area Manager. I was contacted that same day to schedule a face to face interview the following week. My face to face interview went great and I was offered a position as a B2B Sales Specialist that same day. Everything happened very quickly, but the company knew exactly what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't close a sale and what did you learn from that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and they increased the initial offer.

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Had a phone interview for about 20 Minutes. The woman interviewing me asked questions about previous sale jobs I had. Just be prepared to give specific examples. The person interviewing me said I would be great, and I should be hearing from the manager at the specific location I applied to by the end of the week and I never did. Really unprofessional and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had an unhappy customer and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in July 2014.

Interview

Be happy and show your best personality.
    Know how to explain what you are looking for.
    Be coach-able, honest, and positive.
    Remember that it's a good starting job and they expect it as well. So don't worry about making yourself look good. Be honest.
    Also be ready to ask genuine questions. Don't ask the generic questions but questions that you really want to know answers to

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job
      What motivates you
      Strengths weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. What they offer is it

Business to Business Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Interview started with a phone interview, from there there was an in person interview, a second in person interview, a ride along with some one in the position and then finally a presentation for the regional manager of a powerpoint presentation followed by an interview.