Staples Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was simple (only takes one day and one interview with 2 managers), I answered a few simple questions like "Why do you want to work here", "Describe your previous jobs" and "What are your goals for the future" etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Spoke with the manager in her office. She did not ask any typical interview questions...except for her first questions which was, "Why staples?" Besides that, we mainly just chatted about what being a cashier entails, and then she began to describe the brutal training process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Fairly easy simple questions like what would you do with an angry customers. Manager was pretty nice and made it quick. The manager kind of was looking for anyone to me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Really easy interview. Just me and one manager. She Asked why I was interested in Staples. What other jobs I've held. Dug into why I left my other job, and tried to get me talking. Asked if I had any questions for her. There were no suprises/ hard questions during this interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Burlington, VT) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard online application and then a phone screening. The person from corporate called, asked all about my previous experience, what retail I had, if I had worked a cash register before, yeah yea said I had done all those things. Person was nice but pretty corporate and bland. Never really asked about me or my personal life or anything like that. Was just boom boom with the questions. not a big deal. In general I felt pretty put through the system but hopefully I get a call back and a job offer.

Interview Questions

• One that stuck out was "was you ever had to come in to a job that you really didn't like anymore?"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I was called and asked to come to the store for an interview for the job. The lady was very pleasant and asked me questions regarding my resume and the application that I submitted online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a customer that was upset about something another employee had done and was taking it out on you. What did you do about it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Allentown, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Short interview, i waited in the fax area for about ten minutes, they took me into a small back office, two managers asked me a few questions and we were done.

Interview Questions

• do you know what secret shopper is?
      how much do you know about the company
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Leominster, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

So I applied a couple of months ago and I for a call back about a week ago, we set up an interview and about 2 days later I went in, he took me to his office and he just talked about everything, how the company was, stuff about him, policies, etc. He didn't ask me ANY questions at all, the only question he asked me was "what is your favorite store", he talked the entire time told me he'll give me a shot and if I would like to proceed and I accepted. I'm still waiting for my background check to be done and him to call me to come in for paperwork!

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Whitehall, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Regular interview process was to very informative. Do not take long to see what you strong points were. Was a very short interview. Did give a good schedule to follow. You had to read the whole employee booklet which is 300 page. You also had computer training for the register.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted within 3 days for a interview with the manager. It was pretty good. A simple interview just discussing your experience and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What will your previous supervisor say about you ?
      Is there anything your supervisor told you that you need to improve?
      Why staples?
      What are your career goals?
      Answer Question