Staples Copy Center Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Copy Center Associate Interview Questions

1.9

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, NY

Interview

Basically I scheduled an interview with one of the managers. He recommended this position to me, and was distracted by store tasks during the entire interview. In the end no one bothered to call me back, and neither did I.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Bowie, MD).

Interview

Very simple, I just went in and the manager asked me simple questions about my hobbies and any skills that I had. I talked about past job experiences and how I liked technology and computers. I had originally applied to be a cashier but once the manager found out that I was tech savvy, he hired me as a Copy and Print Associate.

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Davie, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on October 22nd, received a call a week later on October 29th. I was called to arrive Sunday morning when the store opens. I arrived early before the doors were open. Eventually after the doors were open, I waited roughly 5 minutes to be interviewed by the manager one-on-one. We both interviewed in the back of the store near some furniture. He asked me some basic questions, work availability, and questions about myself. He then explained to me that Copy and Print was a fast-paced job and they were looking for someone to work part-time (25 hours) on weekends.

The whole interview was a breeze, even though I was still a little nervous. The interview lasted probably about 5-8 minutes and then thanked me. Meanwhile, my mother and me were waiting to be rang up in checkout. Suddenly, the manager came out and asked me if i was available to work on weekends. I said yes and got the job! A day later, received the background check via email and a week later, went to fill out W4 forms and sign some paperwork. I'm starting on a Saturday starting in November! :)

My pro tip to anyone who's applying for this position. Don't be nervous and just answer honestly and be yourself! If they like you enough, they will hire you!

Interview Questions

• Describe Yourself.   1 Answer
    • Are you a self-starter and independent?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to work in groups?   1 Answer
    • When are you available?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but they told me pay was $9.30 an hour. In addition to the uniform was black shoes, black pants, and a blue-collared shirt.

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

First, all employees get screened online with a behavioral survey. The manager told me I was actually one of the few that passed with "green." He also interviews people who pass with "yellow." If you've ever worked for retail, just imagine that you are the perfect employee following your previous company's guidelines and you'll pass. Otherwise a Google the answers.

The actual interview was straightforward, they're just standard questions, nothing creative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Corvallis, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online a few days before I was called by one of the managers at Staples. We set up a time for an interview and when I arrived she was very happy to see me. Manager was very nice and welcoming. Asked your typical interview questions, and let me know that I would get a call by the end of the next week if I got the job

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

General manager called and asked me for an interview for that same week. Met two managers during the interview. Asked simple interview questions, making sure I was going to be able to handle the copy and print center.

Interview Questions

• "What does customer service mean to you?" Asked about availability.   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

It was laid back, very easy questions, nothing to stress about. Its canned question given. Dress casual professional. I was happy at first with the management but they got a new manager that turned the place to total chaos. I cannot stress more to tell those considering applying to copy center not to! It's a nightmare. You will be drained!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what is customer service mean to you? what would your previous employer say about you? what did you do at each of your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Overall, it was a very easy interview. I was called four days after I applied and got an interview scheduled at the store with who I assume is the manager. I'm not 100% sure about his title because after the interview, he went to talk to someone of what seemed to be similar authority. The interview itself took around ten minutes. At the end I was asked if I had any questions of my own. After that settled, my interviewer left to talk to someone else, and when he came back, I was told that I had to go through a background check, and if that came back clean, I would get a call and we could do paperwork and talk about pay. The check was supposed to take around two to three days, but on the fourth day, I decided to call the store because I hadn't heard back. I was told that the check was pulled up that morning and he was getting ready to call me anyways. He told me that I could come the next day to fill out paperwork.

Overall, the interview was really easy. I was asked basic questions about my prior experience, and the volunteer work I had done. I was told that there would be some selling where I would try to get people to purchase color prints instead of black & white. In the end, there were no questions out of the ordinary, they all seemed fairly standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told what I would make based on prior experience. I ended up with a fairly low pay since this was my first job and I had minimal experience in the field.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. Behavioral and scenario type questions. Those are my least favorite. I did have two separate interviews. The first one was with the store manager, the second with the assistant manager. The store manager was much nicer and laid back, the assistant manager was offputting. I sat down in a small office (very nervous) - The store manager went over information about the company, explained the wages, and explained the different positions within the store. She explained that they were actively looking for copy center employees. She stated that it was hard to keep people in the copy center and so they needed someone who would stick with it.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a customer service environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Goodyear, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Well I went in the same day I was called to talk to an older lady that was the store manager. The interview itself took all of about 10 min to include do you have any questions. During said interview let the GM know that I had a bad back and that my lifting would need to be light and not repetitious. She told me that would be ok and that she would get in touch with me soon to either let me know someone else was hired or my start date. After leaving the store I got a call about 2 hours later saying that I started the next day and when to be there. So the hire process was ok for time, just think they needed to stick to the job they hired for instead of moving associate.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked in a copy center?   1 Answer