Staples Copy and Print Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.0

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

General manager who interviewed me was extremely nice and helpful. Asked me about my past experiences, why I want to work there, etc. Asked about my availability, etc. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me a week or so later. The interview itself was easy-going. The manager took me to the back, asked me generic questions as well as having me sell him a printer on the floor as if I was working there to see what I'd be like - which was perfect. I was called four days after my interview confirming I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to apply to Staples?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you were approached by a difficult customer and how did you proceed with handling the problem?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your previous employer and ask what is one good and bad quality about you, what do you think they'll say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Commerce Township, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked questions about the company that I was being interviewed for and the one I previously worked for. Not at any time was I asked anything about me as an employee. I'm sure it was my fault for not brushing up on the company before the interview but this was the worst interview I've ever had. It was almost patronizing

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our products and services?   Answer Question
    • What is your sales procedure?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the previous company that you work for?   Answer Question
    • What sales tools did you use at your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the three credit programs that the company that you previously worked for has to offer   Answer Question
    • In your previous position did you have sales goals to achieve?   Answer Question
    • In your previous position, did you use Add-On sales when assisting customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

good it took awhile for manager to grant me an interview. I had to go into the store and request to speak with him. At the interview he said although I applied online he likes it when people come and and request to speak with him about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Carbondale, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Came in and waited for her to complete her interview with another candidate, and I could hear every word that was said. My interview was very laid back, and a little awkward, she asked questions, but often went off on tangents about her personal life. Could tell she was preoccupied and/or nervous. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Ask about my personality etc. I was a little shy at the beginning but then I kind of opened up and talked about more about myself, which I think made the interviewer liked me and wanted to give me chance to continue the interview process. But they suddenly told me that they want to change my position to sale stuff, so I didn't continue the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in October 2016 was interview in November for positions I didn't apply for but they saw my credentials and background. After my two interviews with Staples I got hired a week later. The training process was a drag but worth it at the end.

Anonymous Employee in The Dalles, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (The Dalles, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online, within 2 days the Assistant Manager got a hold of me and asked me some basic question over the phone like "Can you do an OS installation?" "Do you know how to transfer data?" After answering yes to both of them she asked if I could come in the next day for an interview, my first interview was with the GM, it was pretty casual. We sat at a desk in the furniture area and he ran over the basic questions with me and I was actually unconfident because he seemed to not be very interested in me and I was nervous.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I wanted this job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called an asked in for an interview at a certain in the morning, taking it seriously I was well dressed and a little early. Everyone this was in disarray when I arrived, no one at the store knew I was supposed to be there. I had to wait for the head of the Copy & Print department to return from an early lunch. Finally after waiting around for over a half hour the General Manager of the store and the head of the Copy & Print department met me for an interview.

Interview Questions

• If you have original documents stuck in the hole puncher what should you do if you can't get it out.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers, neither really seemed to know what they were doing. I wasn't given the conditions of my employment (pay, ft/pt, position) until after a week in. (I had asked for this information and been delayed 4 times). I was interviewed in their side office. At the end of the interview, I was given an offer. Backround check took a couple days and I was working ~6 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize work when you have multiples jobs?   1 Answer
    • Describe an occasion in which you had to deal with a dis-satisfied customer.   1 Answer
    • Describe your customer service experience.   Answer Question