Staples Copy and Print Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2018

2.0

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Boone, NC).

Interview

It seemed too easy of an interview and the questions were the stereotypical interview questions. A lot of the questions didn't seem to have anything to do with the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Miami, FL).

Interview

Hiring process is usually completed under 2 weeks. It is really simple and straight forward.

Review the most common interview question and read more about them at their official website, linkedin. You will do just fine because they will train you for about a months regardless of your experience.

Interview Questions

• How do/did you handle or deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Ran about 10 minutes due to being straight to the point. Very friendly. Many questions were based on situations from previous jobs, how I handled them, etc. It was very straightforward and due to my personal experiences, the interviewer went directly to asking questions regarding situations, possibly due to giving a short, straightforward run down of the most applicable skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with multitasking?   Answer Question
    • When were you in a position where things were overwhelming and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

General manager who interviewed me was extremely nice and helpful. Asked me about my past experiences, why I want to work there, etc. Asked about my availability, etc. Overall a nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me a week or so later. The interview itself was easy-going. The manager took me to the back, asked me generic questions as well as having me sell him a printer on the floor as if I was working there to see what I'd be like - which was perfect. I was called four days after my interview confirming I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to apply to Staples?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you were approached by a difficult customer and how did you proceed with handling the problem?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your previous employer and ask what is one good and bad quality about you, what do you think they'll say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Commerce Township, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked questions about the company that I was being interviewed for and the one I previously worked for. Not at any time was I asked anything about me as an employee. I'm sure it was my fault for not brushing up on the company before the interview but this was the worst interview I've ever had. It was almost patronizing

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our products and services?   Answer Question
    • What is your sales procedure?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the previous company that you work for?   Answer Question
    • What sales tools did you use at your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the three credit programs that the company that you previously worked for has to offer   Answer Question
    • In your previous position did you have sales goals to achieve?   Answer Question
    • In your previous position, did you use Add-On sales when assisting customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

good it took awhile for manager to grant me an interview. I had to go into the store and request to speak with him. At the interview he said although I applied online he likes it when people come and and request to speak with him about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Carbondale, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Came in and waited for her to complete her interview with another candidate, and I could hear every word that was said. My interview was very laid back, and a little awkward, she asked questions, but often went off on tangents about her personal life. Could tell she was preoccupied and/or nervous. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Ask about my personality etc. I was a little shy at the beginning but then I kind of opened up and talked about more about myself, which I think made the interviewer liked me and wanted to give me chance to continue the interview process. But they suddenly told me that they want to change my position to sale stuff, so I didn't continue the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online in October 2016 was interview in November for positions I didn't apply for but they saw my credentials and background. After my two interviews with Staples I got hired a week later. The training process was a drag but worth it at the end.