Staples Copy and Print Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.0

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (College Point, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

So I applied just on a whim, I needed a job immediately and any part time job would do. Within a week I got a call back and scheduled my interview for the following week. When I got to the interview, it was a little busy in the store so I had to wait on the Manager. He brought me into the office apologized and then it began. I was asked the generic questions, you know like what would do scenarios, what have you done in certain situations and of course why do I want to be a Staples copy & print tech. It wasn't bad at all nor intimidating. At the end he let me know they will call me within the week if they will do a 2nd interview or not. Of course I got the 2nd interview.
Now the 2nd interview is a breeze. You basically have the job and the manager just wants to showcase you to the other managers and the Copy and Print Supervisor. I was asked one or 2 questions. Same type scenarios based question and why Staples copy and print tech. That was basically it. They proceeded to tell me more about the company and the Interview over. The next day I came to fill in the paper work and the following day after that I started working. Very quick process. The staff was all very friendly and un-intimidating. The whole environment is welcoming.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was........... THERE WASNT ANY DIFFICULT QUESTIONS!!!!!! They ask all the general questions you would expect on a interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Newport, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

I had to call insistently to get an interview and then I just went through two and was call a week later to come in.

Interview Questions

• there was none really, the managers do it themselves with out a guide I think   1 Answer

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied and was called a few days later, went in. Interview was for 15 minutes. Got called a week later and was hired. Did a background check and started training right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered more than I had asked.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples in August 2014.

Interview

I didn't even finish the application process. I was hired around the Back To School time. Thats when the most of the hiring gets done. Back to School is the perfect time to get a job at staples. Its a wonderful environment. Wonderful people to help train me, and guide me though the steps for me to become a better copy and print Associate.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Process was that I was first called to do a brief interview at the store. Call was made soon and was made within 2 weeks of applying online. Online application includes a survey and basic history. Questions were basic and average about experience, availability, and scenarios. Follow-up interview is required if you pass that first interview. Average experience in applying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Staples (Orem, UT).

Interview

Never got one, applied online, called for a follow up, received a no thank you email 2 minutes later of phone call? Not even enough time to read my application, never meet anyone in person! Do you not want to know who you are hiring anymore? Or is it just the person reviewing mood when you call! She obviously did not look at anything.

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Filled out application online. I hadn't heard back from them within two weeks, so I walked into store and asked for a manager. When they directed me to apply online, I stated that I did. Once they confirmed that I actually did send in the application, we established an interview for the next day. Interviewed two with two different managers. Each time was really basic questions (it was my first job and they knew that) and focused on my ability to learn and remain open minded. I was hired during the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for somebody   Answer Question

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I applied online and the process was about 1 week. I was called for an interview with the assistant store manager then a few days later I had an interview with the store manager. I received a call that same week with a job offer for the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly easy. I was asked about sales experience and my education background. As long as you have examples from previous employers you should do okay. I was also shown some examples of print work and I was asked to point out some mistakes that may have been made during production.   Answer Question

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Staples in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview a few days later. I interviewed with two different people on the same day. They both asked the same basic questions about previous work experience, school, etc. They gave a couple of scenario based questions but they were straight forward. No tough questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was not pleased with the work done on a print order that was run by one of your associates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. Went for an interview the day after that, and once a background check went through I was called and offered the job later that day. Was very casual with the store manager and one of the other managers.