Staples Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Rochester, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interview by 2 guys who asked me typical questions such as how would you handle this situation and name a time when x happened. Then they allowed me to ask them some questions and they said they will contact the recruiter and that the recruiter would get back to me in 1-3 days.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Florence, KY).

Interview

Managers love to hear about previous experience. Depending on the availability of hiring managers there could be 1 person or a panel of 3 interviewing. They will all take notes on what was said which can be nerve racking but just remember that they are probably interviewing several people and need to distinguish between them for hiring.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a previous experience in which....there was a conflict....you resolved an issue....you were recognized for ...You must have examples ready to relay a previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Florence, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, ask about experience, career goals, availability. What hours am I able to work. How would I deal with an irate or upset customer. Do I have any management experience. Where do I see myself in 5 years. Where do I see myself in 10 years.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to staples.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Gresham, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was like you got rear-ended by a car behind you. I was early for the interview on that day. Went up to the front desk cashier, told her my name and why I was there for. She told me that she'll be right back. She returned after a couple minutes and told me that the interviewer was not available until another half hour. So I left the store and came back later. Finally, the interviewer was ready for me. So the salesclerk shows me into his office and announce my presence.

Interview Questions

• They already had you figured even before the interview got started. One look into my resume by the interviewer, he'd already decided I was not what he was looking for.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied through a website called "learn up" had 3 person interview, very standard questions- what are your strengths, weaknesses. Situational question "give an example of giving excellent customer service", etc. hired for back to school rush.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Aurora, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

the interview process was not that hard if you have a job dot quit until your done with the entire interview process cause it takes like 20 days to find out if you got the job. you take a timed questions test then a typing test.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for staples? describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Florence, KY) in August 2011.

Interview

Emailed back promptly but took forever to hire. There is a phone interview and then one in person. The interview and introduction was fantastic. Reasonable questions and honest answers.

Interview Questions

• WILL ASK IN DETAIL ABOUT PREVIOUS WORK.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Rochester, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Came and spoke briefly, took a typing test and was hired. Pretty simple over all just be yourself and outgoing and youll get hired. The base pay is a little low so there was some turn over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roxbury Township, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Roxbury Township, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

Typical Questions gauging how i would handle customers and math skills

Got a better offer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied online, contacted within a week to come in for an interview. Realized that anyone that was called to come in for the "interview" already got the job.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. The store manager had our resumes already and just gave us a presentation as a group, made us watch a video, and then we filled out paperwork.   Answer Question