Staples Easy Tech Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Easy Tech Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Manassas, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a usual behavioral and STAR interview. Questions like tell me about yourself and conflict situations. Personal qualities, work experience and education. There was also a technical test o paper testing beginner/intermediate level knowledge of computer hardware and software for the easy tech position. The test was a pass/fail and was not the most important factor in the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• What are your talents and how do you deal with conflicting customers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

There was a 30 minute wait to be seen. No other interbiew was schdeuled it was just a fairly busy hour in the store. I met the department manager who asked me about my orevious jobs, if ive sold anything, and what is customer service. Then i spoke with the department lead who asked me to sell him a random pen. after i successfully sold him the pen they spoke privately and assured me i would hear back from them in 3 days. when i did not the 4th day i called and they said come in three days after that.

Interview Questions

• Without using accidents, Describe all that can go wrong with a tablet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Was okay for first job questions wee straight forward and easy to answer took less than an hour to be done and hiring process took less than a week granted if your background is clean during their background check

Interview Questions

• Q. What type of computer skills do you have to offer to the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was an easy process, got to the establishment and went back to the manager's office he asked some general interview questions like what would you do in this situation type of questions and then offered me the seasonal summer job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

the job was referred to me by a friend, about a week later the manager asked me to come in to his staples and asked me several questions.

Interview Questions

• how many sales have you done in the past? what was the most difficult time selling a product to a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

9.15 an hr, no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Orleans, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Orleans, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial application completed online in the store, with a follow-up interview with management

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The starting pay was laid out after the intial interview steps. There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (East Hartford, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

Got a call for an interview, went in for the interview, sat down with the GM and he asked me about 6 questions. Then about a week or two later, got a call for the position.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond at work or school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bryn Mawr, PA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Bryn Mawr, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied to the company in July of 2011 and they offered me a 1:1 interview a couple weeks after I applied. I went in and spoke to one of the managers for less than 15 minutes and he already mentioned to me the pay rate and the responsibilities I would be in charge of. Good people and good company.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Chicago, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

two managers interviewed me and got the position within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2009.

Interview

After applying for a sales position (though my resume showed IT experience in school and other jobs) I was called in for a new position they had created for their new Easy Tech department. The online application included a personality survey which seemed to indicate to them a resistance to leadership and or sales environments as most of the questions posed were asking if I would be comfortable selling and taking leadership. I was fine with both, though some prior experiences led me to be reluctant to lie to customers as I was directed in a previous job. The first interview was with the store manager and the assistant stock keeping manager. The store manager was the most apprehensive. This led to a second interview with the sales manager (who would be my supervisor) and the Tech Expert (a sales position normally) who asked basically the same questions along with questions about prior successes in sales and whether I was interested in moving up with the company in the future. The Sales manager asked me a few questions testing my PC repair knowledge. They seemed to want a more 'bubbly and effervescent' personality but they hired me as the most qualified applicant.

Interview Questions

• The manager insisted I should be available on Sundays because they require that from all their applicants.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiation was about Sundays and that I required as close to 40 hours a week as they could manager for a part time position. They hired me despite not working Sundays and mostly kept me above 30 hrs a week for almost 3 years.