Staples Easy Tech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

2.2

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Easy Tech Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Hardly any interview at all, I knew both manager and assistant manager and I just walked right on to the job. It pays to know someone on the insides.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very Easy, what do you know about computers, how do you solve problems? Do you like apple or Microsoft? What is tech that you currently use? How do you deal with customers?

Easy Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

They basically will hire anyone with a pulse. Pay is non-negotiable. They have a low wage mandate from the headquarters so they cannot change pay based on experience. You must offer open availability, you must not work a second job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and they scheduled it within a few days. I went to the job interview and they had me wait 2 hours before actually speaking to the manager. The manager was very nice and the interview was casual

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Sitting out in the middle of the store in the desk display area with customers milling about the store able to listen in at any time of the interview. Sat in a broken display chair that was extremely uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Can you remember the best customer experience you ever had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Corvallis, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

if you want a job here make sure your ready for the brown nose. and don't let your emotions show. act like you are all gitty about the questions. and be chiil

Interview Questions

• do i or don't i try to work pallets   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotioation.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Fort Smith, AR) in February 2012.

Interview

they will ask you to sell them a pen or pencil just ask questions about why they need it and find a reason to recommend one and your pretty much in

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Denton, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I saw the posting online so I applied online but also brought in my resume and asked to talk to the general manager. That makes more of an impression than just walking into the store in normal clothes and asking if we're hiring. Be more professional and wear business casual attire. Once I talked to the GM he set me up with an interview with the assistant manager and once I passed that, I had another interview with the GM himself and the Customer Service Lead. My initial impression was that the job would consist of me working on computers and once a week unload the truck and stock merchandise. That basically turned in to 80% sales and maybe 20% actual computer work. If the Staples you're applying at has an Easy Tech bench behind the customer service counter, that's how it will be. There's not enough space nor demand for tech services. The experience would be much better at a larger store.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever really not got along with someone and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Staples can be stingy with pay and may not budge much on the offer. Don't request much more than offered because you probably won't get it.

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Webster, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Filled out online app, called to see if they were hiring (they were), then went to Staples and introduced myself and the Manager scheduled an interview with me. Interviewed with assistant manager then GM on same day. Went great, typical interview questions read from list (just google interview questions and you should be good). Everyone was super nice. Had to wait a couple of weeks for background check to clear, but called about twice a week to check up. Was eventually offered an easy tech position. Interviewing for customer service lead next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficulty in your job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Chicopee, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was relatively quick, was given basic questions regarding things like sales tactics and other details, not very difficult.

Interview started well, it was my first traditional job interview and the managers seemed to have a good idea as to what they were doing, although a little awkward (I suppose this was my own fault). I got a call a few days later for a second interview.

Came in a day early, weather was not permitting driving or anything of that sort, so I had to interview a day early. Second interview went very well, I was called soon after and offered to take the job.

Interview Questions

• What was something you did in the past that over exceeded what was expected?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything, I am eager to work, needed the job badly and honestly couldn't ask for anything better right now. Also, I went online and prepared before my interview, most guides said not to mention money or anything of the sort during the interview, so when the GM asked me if I had any questions regarding pay, vacation time, etc. I flat out said no.