Staples Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Easy Tech Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, talked about what the job entails and how your hours are given out at the store. Accepted because I did not have tenable employment at the time. Talked about how a lot of your hours are dictated on selling Staples warranty plans.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Not much to say the manager took me back into his office and ask me questions about my previous employment, hobbies, etc. It was really laid back interview. That was 17 years ago now there isnt much of an interview process at all.

Interview Questions

• He ask me to sell him a computer. (role play)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Winter Haven, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was given a call to have my background checked online and then was called about a week after for the actual interview. I was called in a second time to finish the paperwork and I started working the day after.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Provo, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy Tech Supervisor took me to the furniture section in the back of the store and sat down with me and did the interview. He emphasized previous experience in sales positions, experience in working with computers, and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience fixing computers.   Answer Question

Easy Tech Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line and was called for an interview within a week. I interviewed with two of the three department managers and was asked basic customer service questions and then some tech questions to test my knowledge of computers, printers and other computer related products. Once the department managers, were happy I meet with the GM and talked with him for a few minutes, he let me know about the high volume of sales the stores does and asked me if I had ever worked retail. Once he was done the personnel manager offered me a position before the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult: You have a customer in front of you, the phone is ringing, someone needs help in the ink department and someone is looking at computers, in what order do you work the customers?   1 Answer
    • Unexpected: Sell me a printer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly wages for the region I am in. Full time jobs are difficult to come by and advancement is slow.

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They are offering me an occasional position and i don't know what is there hiring percentage after compeleting those 90 days??

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

one interview that went through:
    Ques 1. why I wanted to work for staples? I answered because my previous company would always buy office supplies from them so they were a reliable source
    Ques 2. How would I deal with bad customer experience? I said I didn't care much
    Then he went through what their focus was and that there is no commission and only the top sales person in each region gets a gift card or whatever incentive based on what extended service plans to sell for that period.
    Ques 3. What can I sell to customers if they buy a computer? I said mice, keyboard, mousepad, printer, game controller, software and I forgot to mention: ESPs!! (extended service plans) so the extended warranties.
    That was pretty much it and didn't ask about what my hourly rate should be.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any unexpected questions or most difficult ones asked, it was pretty simple   Answer Question

I had found a better offer at Best Buy despite also no commission