Staples Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

1.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Wooster, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process, only unique thing was selling a pen to the person doing the interview. (first it was the smart tech manager than General Manager) Also no drug screening.

Interview Questions

• How did you have fun at your old job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

- I Applied online and received an email and a phone call for an interview about a week later.
    - After they gave me the date, I went to the interview and orientation.
    - The interview was casual and easy, the manager was friendly and showed me around the store after the interview was over.
    - About a week or so later got another email and a phone call from the manager saying that I got hired.

Easy Tech Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, talked about what the job entails and how your hours are given out at the store. Accepted because I did not have tenable employment at the time. Talked about how a lot of your hours are dictated on selling Staples warranty plans.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Not much to say the manager took me back into his office and ask me questions about my previous employment, hobbies, etc. It was really laid back interview. That was 17 years ago now there isnt much of an interview process at all.

Interview Questions

• He ask me to sell him a computer. (role play)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Winter Haven, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was given a call to have my background checked online and then was called about a week after for the actual interview. I was called in a second time to finish the paperwork and I started working the day after.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Provo, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy Tech Supervisor took me to the furniture section in the back of the store and sat down with me and did the interview. He emphasized previous experience in sales positions, experience in working with computers, and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience fixing computers.   Answer Question

Easy Tech Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on-line and was called for an interview within a week. I interviewed with two of the three department managers and was asked basic customer service questions and then some tech questions to test my knowledge of computers, printers and other computer related products. Once the department managers, were happy I meet with the GM and talked with him for a few minutes, he let me know about the high volume of sales the stores does and asked me if I had ever worked retail. Once he was done the personnel manager offered me a position before the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult: You have a customer in front of you, the phone is ringing, someone needs help in the ink department and someone is looking at computers, in what order do you work the customers?   1 Answer
    • Unexpected: Sell me a printer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly wages for the region I am in. Full time jobs are difficult to come by and advancement is slow.

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They are offering me an occasional position and i don't know what is there hiring percentage after compeleting those 90 days??

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 interviews. Both about 45 mins each. Mostly general talk, some job related behavioral questions, future aspirations etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. I came in to do stock related work but was pushed into technology sales.

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tor Bay, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Tor Bay, NS (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

applied online, received email for phone interview,interview was conducted on phone
    after 2 days, received call for security/background check. Background check came fine and offered employment. Background check came fine and offered employment.