Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very easy going, interview was more of a conversation than and interview. Interview was not long just be prepared and it will be fine. Overall the interview process was average.

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA).

Interview

I applied online, and about a week later I got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening. The screening went well, and the recruiter told me I was a great candidate for the position and that she would forward my information to the sales manager. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything from the manager. The recruiter called me to let me know that the manager would be going on vacation and, he would set up an interview once he was back in town. Another two weeks go by without any contact from the recruiter or manager. Then I received a generic email stating they were moving forward with other candidates. The whole process was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for staples?
      What interested you about this position?
      Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in April 2017.

Interview

Like the person who shows up to a party with a black eye but claims "they fell down the stairs again". They are post the same jobs with different titles just to see who they can troll in but they positions are never filled. Phone screen after phone screen and in-persons from internal recruiters with nothing to show for it. I never hear back after a phone screen or an in-person. I honestly tell the recruiters that after I talk to them and they swear they will get back but nothing.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall negative experience!

Long tiring process. Interview panel had a very negative and rude outlook (including directors). I felt like they were not at all interested in interviewing me (total waste of my time). They all seemed very frustrated. Interview room had a broken and dated projector. No markers (yes, no stationary - when the company is all about office supplies) to explain a problem on whiteboard. They asked me to prepare a presentation, and during presentation directors were not even paying attention to what I was saying, they kept yawning and looking outside the door.

The technologies they asked me about were very dated as well, they still use old legacy systems. Phew, spare me the horror!

I am glad I was not selected in the end :) I wish them best in future but I didn't really feel any connection with the people there, which matters most to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a presentation on (Big-data) data set   Answer Question

CSC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Maitland, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

was informal, held in an office with no structure to interview. Manager basically asked what I wanted from position, then he played on phone for a bit. Interview was short and left wondering what just happened. do not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see the position going towards?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received initial call by applying on ZIP-RECRUITER from senior HR executive. Scheduled a follow-up telephone interview with same person. Both initial call & second interview were highly professional & conducted with thoughtfulness & respect. Above everything else was that I received a thank you letter that told me I would not be continuing with the hiring process. Though disappointed I found that acknowledging my efforts to the process was very respectful--this was one of perhaps 2 or 3 letters I received out of the many interviews I've had. Great to know there are professionals who do their job very well indeed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this company?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a potential customer refuses an offer you make or simply says "no."   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Montgomery, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out application online through an online job search. I rec'd a phone call interview and then a panel interview was set for 2 weeks later, passed that round and was given another HR round of interviews. I had to email regularly as to not fall off the radar, even called the recruiter. ultimately they didn't make an offer. i wish they had let me know sooner. Make sure to know the company moto.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle associate conflicts?   1 Answer

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions, reviewing previous work history. I was very disappointed that, I, myself, who came from 7 years of call center experience was not able to forward from the candidate process but also the person in charge of interviewing me was late on my phone call by 10 minutes. I showed you empathy and enough forgiveness; and yet they wasted my time and I was late for my doctor's appointment that same day. I'm very disappointed at the unprofessional and unorganized timing of this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave or plan to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Peoria, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First spoke with a recruiter which got me an immediate call back from the hiring manager. That call went well, and she told me that I would have a follow-on interview with her manager.

Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Deerfield Beach, FL).

Interview

Interview was relaxed. Simple questions, more of a conversation than interview. No real challenge. Manger seemed overworked and uninterested. LOW salary 33-35k. Interviewed with manager 1/2017. It is not 26 days later and no response even after sending emails and calling. Unprofessional is an understatement.