Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

336 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role online, was contacted by a friendly and knowledgeable recruiting manager who invited me in later that week for an interview. Met face to face with the same individual who conducted the phone interview and did not meet any other team members while in the office, which I found to be a little strange . Face to face interview was informal but enjoyable. I was surprised after the interview have been ghosted by the recruiter, including no response to follow up calls or emails. This was disappointing coming from a TA team that is poising themselves as innovative and best in class.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the HR where we discussed experiences in my CV, and then a 1-hour mixed technical and behavioral interview with one of the senior analysts.

Interview Questions

• Case involved questions on SQL, data manipulation, forecasting, and optimization.   Answer Question
    • What will you do if you were new to a project and was assigned a task that you didn't know how to do but had a tight deadline? What if your project leader is too busy to train you and answer your questions?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview by HR, it is easy. The second round is a data forecasting working sample. But failed after submitting the work sample. The manager didn't change the load path of the file, then it reports errors.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples in October 2017.

Interview

First round was phone interview. I got selected through university portal. The interview questions focussed on big data experience, optimization techniques and database experience. The interviewer was very rude and was not willing to my full answers

Rebate Accountant II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR to discuss your background relative to this position. First talked about the job description and then ask several questions: Describe your previous experience and how it applies to Staples? What's your strength?

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience and how it applies to Staples?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview with a manager at a Staples location, which was confirmed a day prior to the interview. When I arrived, the person who I was supposed to interview with was not present, nor the assistant manager. I was told that I would receive a call to reschedule an interview. I didn't receive a follow-up email or a call to reschedule the interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Islip, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (East Islip, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by the assistant manager in a very tiny office. Was interrupted during the interview and was asked only three questions. I called a few days later to follow up and he said he would call back the next day but he never did.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Riverside, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from a recruiter for an interview and sat it up for the next week. Phone interview that lasted maybe 20 minutes, small rundown of the company and store structures, fairly normal management questions... said I would hear back from her and nothing

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I met with two of the assistant managers at my local store. I thought the interview went well. I followed up with a "thank you" email to the store manager, but it has been over a week and I have yet to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised to be asked about the working conditions at my current employer.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to staples, but after a week of waiting they didn't call me, so I had to call them. Got an interview. The interview was one on one with one of the managers, he talked about what staples was like and stuff like that, then he asked me if I had any questions. It was kinda weird and thought why he didn't ask me many questions. Afterwards, he said they call me on Wednesday, but I didn't get the call, so I had to call them again and they told me they were still interviewing other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any job experience?
      What clubs or school activities were you involved in?   Answer Question