Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,415 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. Interview was easy. Interviewed by a Senior software Engineer. Applied in April 2016. They scheduled a phone interview in May. Interview was around 40 min. Mostly on basics. Gave me an offer letter after 2 weeks from the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Got contacted in about a week, came in for an interview, very basic interview questions. They told me i will be contacted in a week if i got the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application for the position they were advertising they were hiring for. I was contacted a week later by phone asking me to come in to the store for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? What is your availability?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, and was scheduled for a preliminary phone interview. The phone interview went very well. The woman I spoke with was very kind and described the position well.

I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager. It took about one hour. He was very nice, and I left with a positive feeling.

I was then brought back for a second interview with the same hiring manager, and had been instructed ahead of time to prepare a PowerPoint presentation to "sell myself". That interview went well, and again I left with a positive feeling about my chances of being hired.

Imagine my surprise, 4 days later, when I received a generic email stating that they are going to continue seeking other candidates. The email was from a woman I'd never spoken to, and referenced a conversation that never took place. I checked to see if she may be the assistant to the HR person I had initially interviewed with, and she was not.

I am completely baffled. The canned email I received bore the tone of rejecting a person early in the process (as if they hadn't passed the phone interview).

Rejection is rejection, yes. Apparently having B2B sales experience, presenting yourself professionally, and having stellar references don't matter. All they earn you is a generic rejection email from a person you've never had contact with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to go over and above to please a customer?   Answer Question

Account Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I participated in a phone screening with Staples as the first step in their hiring process. The recruiter that I spoke with was very friendly and I found it to be a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interview then a face to face interview locally. Then had one additional phone interview with a regional manager and a face to face interview with a manager from another department.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions were asked along with specifics on my knowledge of the products.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Very simple interview experience. Came in and had a chat with the manager. Didn't ask too much about past job experiences or questions about my resume, other than if i had any retail experience. By the end of the conversation he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The manager described a featured product to me and asked me how I would sell it.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with GM at the store, interviewed with District Manager the following week on the phone, offer was made a couple days later. Background check after which only took 2 days. Whole process took about 2-2.5 weeks. Extremely casual and easy.

Outside Sales Business Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Talked to HR. Interview was quick. She asked very general and basic questions. I Asked her specific questions about the job and she didn't know. Salary was around 48k. Way lower than market average. No car reimbursement. Wanted you to use your own credit card to cover expenses.

Interview Questions

• General experience questions. Describe previous positions. Why outside sales? Why did you leave your last position? Have you had a home office? Nothing innovative or unexpected. If you have had interviews before, this will be easy.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn and then schedule for a 30 minute phone screen with the recruiter. Started off telling me about company, why the position was open, and then about the pay. She ended with 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an obstacle you had to overcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to achieve a project with little or no direction?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you managed a project to completion?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Maitland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter first contacted me with a phone interview. He asked about my background in sales and asked why I was leaving my current employer. He then told me that he was referring me to the managers to move forward with the interview process.
    A few days later I was contacted by a manager for an in person interview. He informed me that I would be interviewed by him and another manager.
    During the interview they explained the position and then asked me three questions. After the questions they asked me if I had any questions. Then they let me know I would be contacted by the recruiter the following week if they chose to move forward with me.
    About a week later the recruiter called to tell me I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to persuade someone to do something?   1 Answer