Staples Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Home, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Mountain Home, AR).

Interview

In my job now, he called me and just asked generic questions about my resume. I didn't have much prior work experience so we mostly talked about school. I got the job onsite and met all of my coworkers. Took about two or three days to actually get in to train but it's all good.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject in school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's an easy job. And you make more than minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Reading, PA).

Interview

The interviewing process was very quick and easy. It was done one on one and in the manager's office. It made me feel like I was already going to get the job. He asked me a couple of questions and before I knew it, I landed the job. The was no waiting period. It might not be the same for everyone, but it happened to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (New Castle, DE).

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call scheduling an interview the following week. The interview was relatively quick. I was asked simple questions about why I wanted to work there and what my plans were for after school. The person that interviewed me approached in a very casual manner. He was interested in my application because I had a lot of available hours to work. Although I didn't receive the job because I lived far from the location.

Interview Questions

• What were my plans for the future and how does Staples fit into that future   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, went in-store for interview. The manager wasn't available when I first when but I followed up and was able to obtain an interview for the position. Everybody was friendly

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in customer service? How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

I came in and was greeted by a sales rep I told her who I was here to see and what for and she promptly brought me over to the manager he greeted me I sat and waited for no more than 5 minutes because I was early and then we had a quick interview he asked the normal questions why do you see yourself working here your previous employment history what makes you the best candidate for this position so long and so far

Anonymous Employee in Belle Vernon, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Belle Vernon, PA).

Interview

I went in for an interview scheduled with the general manager. When I got there, I found out the general manager was on vacation, so two of the assistant managers did the interview with me. It was a short interview. A few days later the general manager called me and offered me the position. I accepted, and I did not meet the general manager until three months after I began working at Staples.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Rancho Cordova, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

You have to apply online. Once you pass the assessment, your application is sent to the hiring store that you applied for. The manager called me for an interview a month after I applied. We played a bit of phone tag before an interview was scheduled. The interview was professional but comfortable. The position was described to me, as well as store values & expectations. At the end of the interview I was offered the job, and the manager sent me a link in my email to agree to a background check. After the background check went through (about two weeks), I was asked to go back to the store for orientation (paperwork), and then I was given my schedule. It was a long hiring process, but it wasn't inconvenient otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling?
      Do you have any cash-handling experience?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later, I was called in for an interview the next day. I interviewed with the GM. It was a really laid back interview, and I was hired on the spot. She mainly just asked me questions about myself, told me about how things would work in the store, and asked me about my availability. I will start when my background check comes through.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Behavioral Interview, you wait upstairs until the manager is ready to interview you. He/She will call you into their office, have you fill out some paperwork, and then begin asking you simple questions about yourself and Staples. The whole interview took less than an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Toms River, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

1. Applied Online
    2. Got A Phone Call To Come In For The Interview
    3. Went on the Interview (You Get A Phone Call If Your Hired, If Your Not Hired: You Get an Email)
    4. Hired
    5. Called Back Manager to Accept Position/Salary (Sales Associate: $9.00 an hour) to Follow an Email
    6. Complete Background Check via SterlingBackCheck Website.
    7. Await for Background Check Results

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell Me About Yourself?
      2. Why should I hire you?
      3. When and Where did you have a positive retail experience?
      4. When and Where did you have a negative retail experience?
      5. Tell me a challenge that you faced and how did you overcome it.
      Answer Question