Staples Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Staples

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Everett, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call to set up an interview after two weeks. Was interviewed by the Sales Manager. He asked about my customer service experience and related work experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my history of customer service in the retail field   Answer Question
  • Asked to explain how I dealt with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Carson, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process took about three days when I submitted my application. General manager and supervisor wanted to know when I am available and if I could work nights and weekends. Interview took about 15-20 minutes

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

quick and brief the turn around on this company is unreal great for a college student though. if you are a person seeking for a job with reliable schedule and pay this is not the place

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Quick and very easy. Came in with a confident Attitude ready to work . After being hired . The training computerized process was a bit long but also easy .

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Columbia, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. They describe the atmosphere you'll be around on a daily basis, your day-to-day routine, and what they expect of you as an associate. My interview was very laid back and personal. The GM was a great guy and I didn't feel pressure or nervous during my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Staples?
      Why do you think we should hire you for the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Home, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Mountain Home, AR).

Interview

In my job now, he called me and just asked generic questions about my resume. I didn't have much prior work experience so we mostly talked about school. I got the job onsite and met all of my coworkers. Took about two or three days to actually get in to train but it's all good.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject in school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's an easy job. And you make more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Millbury, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

There is a two-step interview process. If they like you after the first interview, they call you in for a second interview. I'm not exactly sure why they need to conduct two interviews, but they are both very basic interviews. Exactly what you would expect for a cashier position in retail.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation where the customer is very displeased and angry?

Describe a time where you had to deal with multiple customers at once.

What do you plan to do in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scarsdale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Scarsdale, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Weird and random questions thrown at you, just to make you squirm. Somewhat intimidating, but I honestly think it depends on the person interviewing you. My manager was awesome, but he also liked to make you think about your answers. He threw some obscure questions at me.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you?
      Favorite subject in school
      What makes you different?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (Burton, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. First I got a phone interview asking me to set an appointment to come in.
    Came in, had the interview, asked the employer about the job, and went in for another interview.

Anonymous Employee in Red Bluff, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Red Bluff, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was laid back with very basic retail questions. Just need to maintain a positive atmosphere and be generally motivated to work with customers. Required to meet sales goals and keep numbers up such as rewards enrollment, side selling, and promotions for the month.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to meet goals   1 Answer