Staples Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

2.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. After filling out an application online I got a call the next business day. I was asked several questions to re-confirm the details of the job.

Where I answered some questions and was told that my information would be passed on to the HR manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online took a short assessment (53 questions). Got a phone call to set up a phone interview for the next week. Did the phone interview very easy and short (10 minutes) got a call like 3 hours later to set up a face to face interview the next day. In the interview was given a tour of the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to lift 60 pounds?
      Do you have reliable transportation?
      Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Terre Haute, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview after I applied online for the job, it took only 10 min. After that, I received a email stating ti schedule a in-person interview. The third day, I had the interview with the recruiter.The interview process was very welcoming and comfortable. The recruiter asked me questions regarding my previous jobs and why I applied for staples job. Overall, I had no rehearsal like many do as I wanted to give them my honest views, which I did. The recruiter was very very nice gentleman and kept a smile on his face till the end. Once, the interview got done, he asked me if I had any questions, my only issue was that instead of working till 3.30 pm I wanted 3pm as I have a kid dependent on me for school rides, the recruiter said that since it is part time job, so that shouldn't be a problem. I was happy. I never asked him when I would be receiving a reply from them and just came back home. After about 45 minutes I checked my email which said that I did not get the job as they were wanting someone with skills pertaining to their needs. I was heartbroken, but not upset or mad as I understand that if they found someone more eligible than me, then it is good for their company's future. I have no complains against them. They are a good company for sure and I wish whoever landed the job does a good work. Some day I would love to work for them for sure.

Interview Questions

• Why did u apply for this job?
      Would u be able to push, lift boxes weighing upto 50lbs?
      What would u do if u find someone stealing on the job? What if the person stealing is ur friend?
      Describe a situation when u made a mistake and how u handled it?
      Would u be able to work better in stressful conditions?
      Our warehouses are not AIr Conditioned, they have tons of fans though, would u be able to work in humid or hot conditions?
      Would u be willing to take extra responsibilities later on?
      Have u ever had any confrontation or argument with a co-employee in ur previous job?
      Would u be able to stand for long hours?
      What does teamwork mean to you?
      Have u ever disagreed with ur boss?
      Has ur boss ever pointed out your mistakes to you?
      Describe your experience in ur previous job.
      What makes u different from others, list ur strength and weaknesses.
      Rate your pace of work, slow, medium or fast.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

it went pretty good .plus it didnt take long at all for me to get a call back but what i noticed is that almost every position is part time.and are they not opened on weekends

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Decatur, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview and the process was very fast and enjoyable, the questions weren't tricky basically just giving the interviewer your skills related to the position you're applying too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had a work experience that bugged you.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in October 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview!! General questions like DO i have forklift experience and do i have up to 6 years warehouse experience?...Will i be able to work mandatory overtime? Why do you want to work for Staples

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a situation if a customer comes in the store dissatisfied about a product that they purchased.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an phone interview and a face-to-face interview the following day. Upon my arrival to the facility I was given a tour by the manager who showed me the process and emphasized on the importance of accountability. I had the interview right after.

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples (Coppell, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked me easy questions.They were really nice.so it wasn't as bad as i thought. Im glad i got the the starting pay rate is really good too. The only thing is the distance because i stay in dallas but its worth it

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples in May 2015.

Interview

It was very brief, pretty much just a tour and asking if I was going to be committed to working there and not leaving in the near future. This is because they have a high turnover rate and have a hard time filling the positions. This was also for a night shift position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked when I would be able to start and if I planned on working full time. Did not ask to many questions that had to do with getting to know me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

15 min phone interview. Then called in to interview with hr manager...then interviewed with 2 of the top operations managers of the warehouse. They offered me a position on the spot and proceeded with taking a drug swab test. Rhen a numbers test which was about 100 questions( ex:4332/4223 do they match? as much as you could answer and have correct in 3 min ) very easy. Passed test- Start date was about 1-2 weeks after. It was very quick.

Interview Questions

• What Made mE want to work for them besides wanting a job? how would i handle Drama. Scenario questions about the workplace.   Answer Question