Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,314 Interview Reviews

2.3

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Commerce Township, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked questions about the company that I was being interviewed for and the one I previously worked for. Not at any time was I asked anything about me as an employee. I'm sure it was my fault for not brushing up on the company before the interview but this was the worst interview I've ever had. It was almost patronizing

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our products and services?   Answer Question
    • What is your sales procedure?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the previous company that you work for?   Answer Question
    • What sales tools did you use at your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the three credit programs that the company that you previously worked for has to offer   Answer Question
    • In your previous position did you have sales goals to achieve?   Answer Question
    • In your previous position, did you use Add-On sales when assisting customers?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Houston, TX).

Interview

Multi-step interview process. If you pass one level you get to move onto the next.

1. Call from HR department. Typical phone interview where they review your resume and ask questions about previous jobs and gaps you may have. Probably asked a few generic "Why would you be a good fit?" questions.

2. Webcam interview with your potential boss (Area Sales Manager). They ask generic questions about "Why Staples?" or how your background makes you a good fit for the company. All the questions in the first 2 interviews are super generic. I feel like it's more important how you present yourself as you'll potentially be the face of Staples in the town you reside.

3. Webcam interview with your potential boss's boss (Regional Sales Manager). Up until now I felt like I was golden and answered everything perfectly. Then I met this guy on the webcam. He hit me with difficult scenario questions that you could potentially be in, then would ask "What would you do now?". All of his questions made me feel like I bombed the interview, because everything he asked was honestly really hard. At the end he told me he would get with the other manager and discuss.

I later got a call from the Area Sales Manager who wanted to interview me again. She did so, and told me the Regional Manager was also going to be in town. He wanted to meet me in person. I went up to the Staples building and met him in person, and he told me that he gives everyone a real hard time to see how they hold up to pressure. He hired me on the spot.

The entire process took 6 months.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from the others interviewing for this position?   Answer Question

Operations Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was pretty straightforward, regular HR questions regarding my background, major and work experience and the HR person didn't have a lot of information about the OR position which is normal.
    I had my second interview for this OR position
    and they forgot to call. What a shame !!!
    I guess they are not very businesslike.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview

Sat in front of a panel of 5 upper management and asked the same question multiple times, but in different wording and was expected to give a different response each time.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA).

Interview

WORST PROCESS ever, their inside recruiter do not know how to schedule. no one seems to be on the same page and extremely disorganized, i declined after going back and forth for a week because if the company is like that i 10% am glad i do not work there

Easy Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Corvallis, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

if you want a job here make sure your ready for the brown nose. and don't let your emotions show. act like you are all gitty about the questions. and be chiil

Interview Questions

• do i or don't i try to work pallets   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotioation.

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in April 2012.

Interview

So I never actually interviewed. I submitted an application. A recruiter called me to schedule and interview and left a number to call back. I could barely make out her name. When I called back, I was in voicemail system that told me to enter the last name, but she never left it. I called the operator and she helped me figure out who it was. I then left 3 voicemails to schedule the interview and she never contacted me back. Needless to say, I lost interest and moved on. It left a bad impression on me not only as a candidate, but as a customer.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

This was an internal posting as I already worked for the company and I was trying to gain a better position. There was 2 different interviews. One with the manager of the dept. and then with the members of his team that I was to work with. The second interview was with three people in a board room and they all fired questions at me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was really not able to negotiate the salary, unfortunately.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples in June 2010.

Interview

Long process consisted of initial phone interview with HR. Gave info about position and asked questions about resume. 2nd interview with hiring manager over the phone. A lot of questions about experiences, "Give me a time when...." 3rd interview with same hiring manager in person. She finished the question set that she started over the phone. This interview was basically to meet me. Got a call back to work on a presentation and a date to present to hiring managers boss. Due to weather, travel plans were cancelled and I had to reschedule. I got a call back a few days later to tell me that the hiring manager had changed and the new hiring manager would probably take off where the previous one left off. Over a week later, I contacted HR to check on the status. I got a call from new hiring manager to schedule another interview with her. During the interview with this new hiring manager I find out that she wants to re-post the position, get more applicants and I will have to go through the process all over again. I am pulling out of the running. They are seriously seriously missing out on the perfect candidate because the new hiring manager "Didn't have any input during the initial process." Control freak much? I went from a running of over 50 candidates already, 3 interviews, a personality test and had been narrowed down to me and some other candidate. I am not going through that again. Additionally, the original hiring manager seemed very experienced and seemed like a good manager to work for. The impression I got from this new manager is that she is a control freak and a stickler, someone who would not make work life enjoyable. I do not want to work for that woman.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What do you know about the position? What is it about the position you like? Tell me about a time when you really enjoyed closing a deal. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult time closing a deal and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Staples? If I hired you and you weren't meeting your quota, what would you do? Take me through a typical work week at your current position? Do you hunt new business or maintain business at your current position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples in February 2013.

Interview

It was a long process. interviewed with recruiter, Then sales manager three times, Third time was with the Regional Sales Manager. Had to give a presentation on Staples and why I would be a good fit there. I had to follow up often. They never would call me first until I was being offered the position.