Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,452 Interview Reviews

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. Interview was easy. Interviewed by a Senior software Engineer. Applied in April 2016. They scheduled a phone interview in May. Interview was around 40 min. Mostly on basics. Gave me an offer letter after 2 weeks from the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied for an hourly job online at my local Staples and got an email to come in for an interview at a different Staples farther away. Went to the interview, they ONLY want people available a week after Labor Day.

Interview Questions

• Only 1 question given to be due to nonavailability to work: Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I got offered the Sales Manager position so I did not interview for this position.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

There were 3 interviews. All of them were pretty much the same in context - basic behavioural questions asking about resume and how you would benefit the company in the short and long run. The last one was with the general manager and although not hard, was a little bit intimidating.

Business Development Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then 1:1 interview with sales mgr and 3 panel interview after that with a full presentation

Interview Questions

• Give situation where you had to say "no" to a deal? what happened?   Answer Question

The salary was not what I expected

Business Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I got promoted internally, took around 14 months for the process. very standard interview at the end.

Interview Questions

• Same as all the interviews you need to talk about your history almost since you remember your life !   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a fairly straightforward experience. I walked in, saw they were hiring. I was asked to submit a resume online. They called a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They used a lot of hypothetical interview questions, like "what would you do if you saw a customer stealing". That kind of thing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a little more when I started. I was told that if I worked out, I'd get a small increase after my 90 day review.

EasyTech Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

I applied to the store in my area for the EasyTech associate job. I called to check up on my application and was asked to come in the following day for an interview, because of the recommendations the assistant manager received (only manager in the store during my first few months.) He asked about my experience working with customers in my previous jobs, and about my experience working on-site in a customers home during my time with my previous job. He then put me through a couple of scenarios with selling, and discussed my experience in technology repair.

Negotiation

The negotiations we not flexible at all, did not get as much as I wanted, and received only minimum wage .

Human Resources Manager - Term Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Round 1 and 2 of the interview process went very well...however, waiting two weeks to hear about round 3. I suspect I was not selected for round 3 but not communication. Many companies don't provide communication at the end of the process but it should be a must.

However, the HR Professionals completing the interviews were very easy to talk to and very personable.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I would have completed within the first 6 mths of role but when I asked what the goals of the department were they told me they couldn't say   Answer Question

Vice President Marketing Interview

Interview

4 interviews

salary

Copy Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Called in, asked about previous employment and reason for leave. Told me about the wage and responsibilities. I told them what i did before and about school and some of my expertise. Then they said I'm good to go after a background check which takes 3 day. 3rd day and still waiting.