Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,417 Interview Reviews

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. Interview was easy. Interviewed by a Senior software Engineer. Applied in April 2016. They scheduled a phone interview in May. Interview was around 40 min. Mostly on basics. Gave me an offer letter after 2 weeks from the interview.

Premier Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples (Aurora, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Fill out the application, take a in depth test, they contacted me for the phone interview. Went to in person interview. They look for confidence and good attitudes. Be happy, friendly and smile. No drug test needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you had with a customer, what was the problem, what steps you did to correct the issue and what was the customer's outcome.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple basic questions , they asked about previous employment and challenges that I encountered. They asked me to explain what customer service means to me. Then I had to give examples of customer service experiences , and what could of been handled differently.

Office Supply Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shirley, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Shirley, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Got called in for an interview. Showed up to interview, woman who was supposed to be interviewing me was not there. I was asked to wait twenty minutes, so I did. Finally she shows up and sits me in a room in the back with her, only for her to walk out and have someone else conduct the interview after about two minutes. The man who conducted my interview after her seemed just as confused about the situation as I was. After my interview was over it took a month for them to extend the job offer to me.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was mostly resume based. It was an onsite interview. I cleared the onsite interview. Then there was another phone interview. Both of them were mostly technical. Both of them lasted for about 30 mins. It was the first time there were 2 interviews for a co-op.

Interview Questions

• Why Staples?
      Describe the technical project you're involved in.
      Answer Question

Account Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I participated in a phone screening with Staples as the first step in their hiring process. The recruiter that I spoke with was very friendly and I found it to be a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarpon Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Tarpon Springs, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Quick and concise interview, relatively hassle free interview process. Started with a phone interview, then one with the assistant store manager, then another with the store manager. I got a call to interview within two weeks of applying for the job. First interview was scheduled a week later, then the second interview was another week after that. I got a decision a few days after the second interview.

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Staples (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was laid out from the initial phone interview. The first face-to-face interview is with the manager you'd work with. The second is with another manager at a different office. The next stop is a ride-a-long with one of the top sellers on the team. The last part is a presentation and interview with the RSD.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose, would you host a party or just be an invitee?   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

3 Interviews
    Phone Interview
    In person interview
    Merchandising presentation

The interview screen was about 20 minutes and general and wanted to know if you knew about staples promotional products - he then provided sites to reference if I'd be called in for an in person interview. I was called in for an interview a week later and then did my second in person interview the following week on a Friday and got the job on the following Monday pretty easy process with the exception of the presentation which took up some time

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team
      Show me work you are proud of
      Tell me about yourself
      What other roles/departments would you consider
      Are you adaptable to change
      Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Valparaiso, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I came in and asked to apply. Someone directed me to a computer with an online application and personality test. I got focused on that and the manager came up and tried to talk to me. Even though it shouldn't have, it threw me for a loop. I was focused on the quiz I wasn't sure if it was timed. I basically treated him like a nuisance, when it was actually a really a great opportunity to stand out. So I obviously didn't get the job, but I learned something.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Roanoke, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviews done entirely over the phone. Did not meet my direct supervisor for several weeks into the job. Typical questions from HR. Rubber stamp interview from regional director. Poor interviewing process.