Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,469 Interview Reviews

2.3

Easy Tech Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Wooster, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process, only unique thing was selling a pen to the person doing the interview. (first it was the smart tech manager than General Manager) Also no drug screening.

Interview Questions

• How did you have fun at your old job.   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was great. I loved the general manager she was very easy going and a people person. I found out it only paid $12 an hour at the end of the interview. Felt like I wasted my time wish I knew before I went in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

General manager who interviewed me was extremely nice and helpful. Asked me about my past experiences, why I want to work there, etc. Asked about my availability, etc. Overall a nice experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Austin, TX).

Interview

walked in waited for a good while, till the manager was available, then they took me to the office and told me what id be doing, it wasn't bad at all just be you but respectful the manager that interviewed me laughed at my corny jokes .

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me a week or so later. The interview itself was easy-going. The manager took me to the back, asked me generic questions as well as having me sell him a printer on the floor as if I was working there to see what I'd be like - which was perfect. I was called four days after my interview confirming I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to apply to Staples?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you were approached by a difficult customer and how did you proceed with handling the problem?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your previous employer and ask what is one good and bad quality about you, what do you think they'll say?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (North Lauderdale, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

My interview was scheduled at 9:15am but i went as soon as the store opened 9:00am. The manager who interviewed me said that was a plus because he had scheduled another interview for 9:00am switch i a made it before them. So arrive early. He only asked me two questions and the interview process only lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your work experience you have?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability and when is the earliest you can start?   1 Answer

Technology Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Springfield, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

After months of trying to get my application noticed, I was finally called in for an interview. The GM was a very easy going man. He asked me why I chose Staples. He asked me about myself. He asked me about my experience with technology. He asked me about how i have solved issues with my technology. He asked me how I'd handle situations in the store. For example, an angry customer, or a dysfunctional co-worker. After everything, he gave me a sheet to study, which contained questions that I would need to ask customers and on the back were the prices for their support plans. I would later be called for the second part of the interview where I had to sell the product the the GM.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why I chose Staples. He asked me about myself. He asked me about my experience with technology. He asked me about how i have solved issues with my technology. He asked me how I'd handle situations in the store. For example, an angry customer, or a dysfunctional co-worker.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to staples, but after a week of waiting they didn't call me, so I had to call them. Got an interview. The interview was one on one with one of the managers, he talked about what staples was like and stuff like that, then he asked me if I had any questions. It was kinda weird and thought why he didn't ask me many questions. Afterwards, he said they call me on Wednesday, but I didn't get the call, so I had to call them again and they told me they were still interviewing other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any job experience?
      What clubs or school activities were you involved in?   Answer Question

Technology Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (California, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for two positions, both Sales Associate and Technology Sales Associate, and I received an interview a week later. The interview process was fairly easy, and I arrived on time. The manager and team behind the Staples I was at were all wonderful people to meet with.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (La Mesa, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter who asked the usual mundane questions; a description of the job duties, required 45 hour work week, pay scale, bonus structure and promotion possibilities, all culminating in a false hope ending. Received an email 3 weeks later stating that my qualifications didn't meet their needs.

Interview Questions

• How have you developed your team to be better in their roles?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your greatest accomplishment in your current position?   Answer Question