Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,389 Interview Reviews

2.3

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received initial call by applying on ZIP-RECRUITER from senior HR executive. Scheduled a follow-up telephone interview with same person. Both initial call & second interview were highly professional & conducted with thoughtfulness & respect. Above everything else was that I received a thank you letter that told me I would not be continuing with the hiring process. Though disappointed I found that acknowledging my efforts to the process was very respectful--this was one of perhaps 2 or 3 letters I received out of the many interviews I've had. Great to know there are professionals who do their job very well indeed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to this company?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when a potential customer refuses an offer you make or simply says "no."   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Montgomery, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out application online through an online job search. I rec'd a phone call interview and then a panel interview was set for 2 weeks later, passed that round and was given another HR round of interviews. I had to email regularly as to not fall off the radar, even called the recruiter. ultimately they didn't make an offer. i wish they had let me know sooner. Make sure to know the company moto.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle associate conflicts?   1 Answer

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions, reviewing previous work history. I was very disappointed that, I, myself, who came from 7 years of call center experience was not able to forward from the candidate process but also the person in charge of interviewing me was late on my phone call by 10 minutes. I showed you empathy and enough forgiveness; and yet they wasted my time and I was late for my doctor's appointment that same day. I'm very disappointed at the unprofessional and unorganized timing of this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave or plan to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Peoria, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First spoke with a recruiter which got me an immediate call back from the hiring manager. That call went well, and she told me that I would have a follow-on interview with her manager.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Philadelphia, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (New Philadelphia, OH).

Interview

A lot of questions about my sales background and customer service background. I first interviewed with the GM and in a second interview with the GM and the District manager. After the second interview I took a skills test.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Deerfield Beach, FL).

Interview

Interview was relaxed. Simple questions, more of a conversation than interview. No real challenge. Manger seemed overworked and uninterested. LOW salary 33-35k. Interviewed with manager 1/2017. It is not 26 days later and no response even after sending emails and calling. Unprofessional is an understatement.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter 30 minutes after applying. Scheduled a phone interview for the next day. I was passed on to an in person interview with the hiring manager which took place the next week. After this interview I was told I would have to do a presentation for the final interview. It was nerve wrecking but great. I did the presentation in front of a group.

Easy Tech Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Hardly any interview at all, I knew both manager and assistant manager and I just walked right on to the job. It pays to know someone on the insides.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Had to call several times to get an interview. Then I got a call to come in and talk with the manager. Interview itself was 20 minutes. I received the job on the spot but had to fill out paperwork which took a few days to gt processed.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview to find out your interests and where you'd fit in as an employee   Answer Question

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Commerce Township, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked questions about the company that I was being interviewed for and the one I previously worked for. Not at any time was I asked anything about me as an employee. I'm sure it was my fault for not brushing up on the company before the interview but this was the worst interview I've ever had. It was almost patronizing

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our products and services?   Answer Question
    • What is your sales procedure?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the previous company that you work for?   Answer Question
    • What sales tools did you use at your previous position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the three credit programs that the company that you previously worked for has to offer   Answer Question
    • In your previous position did you have sales goals to achieve?   Answer Question
    • In your previous position, did you use Add-On sales when assisting customers?   Answer Question