Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,452 Interview Reviews

2.3

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA).

Interview

I applied online, and about a week later I got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone screening. The screening went well, and the recruiter told me I was a great candidate for the position and that she would forward my information to the sales manager. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything from the manager. The recruiter called me to let me know that the manager would be going on vacation and, he would set up an interview once he was back in town. Another two weeks go by without any contact from the recruiter or manager. Then I received a generic email stating they were moving forward with other candidates. The whole process was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for staples?
      What interested you about this position?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

The process took about two months but my case was a bit unusual. I applied online, got a call from the recruiter about a week later. Basic screening questions. I was initially passed over for the job but they retained my information and contacted me three weeks later with another analyst position opening. I did a phone interview with the hiring manager, again basic behavioral questions. Afterwards, I was asked to create a presentation for the on-site interview. It was based off an Excel sheet with a report. They wanted to get a feel for how I approached analysis. Got an offer about two days later. No negotiating because they gave me more than I asked for.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach pricing a product? What tools or techniques do you use?   Answer Question

Easy Tech Associste Interview

Interview

generic questions, nothing really personal. they ask about previous work experience and former responsibilities. they focus on your strengths and weaknesses in the workplace. Interview was with store manager and store assistant.

B2B Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Staples (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 3 steps to this interview process. The first was just your generic phone screening interview. Then you go for an in person interview with the area manager. There they just ask you why you want to work there and ask you some questions about your experience. They are mostly trying to get to know you. The last interview is a presentation. You create a presentation about the company and why you are a good fit of the position. The rest of that interview is them asking you tougher questions and trying to make sure that you are a good fit for this company.

Interview Questions

• If you were to attend a party, would you want to throw the party or go to the party? Why?   Answer Question
    • How to you prioritize your busy schedule and what do you do if you are unable to accomplish all of the tasks you need to get done that day?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples in April 2017.

Interview

Like the person who shows up to a party with a black eye but claims "they fell down the stairs again". They are post the same jobs with different titles just to see who they can troll in but they positions are never filled. Phone screen after phone screen and in-persons from internal recruiters with nothing to show for it. I never hear back after a phone screen or an in-person. I honestly tell the recruiters that after I talk to them and they swear they will get back but nothing.

Technology Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Newington, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

After introducing myself to the interviewer, he walked me around the store to show me some of the areas I would be involved in. He asked me to demonstrate how I would attempt to market various products to customers, such as computer warranties and printers. After this we had a more formal interview in the office where I was asked about my previous work experience, qualifications, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult interaction with a customer? Describe the encounter and explain how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter overseeing this position. The job required me to relocate, which I was not willing to do. The recruiter was very helpful and understanding and we exchanged contact information in case future opportunities and interest came up.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Credit and Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Columbia, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter same day I applied for job. Interview with two supervisors within a week later. Offered job same day as interview by receiving a call from recruiter.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was mostly resume based. It was an onsite interview. I cleared the onsite interview. Then there was another phone interview. Both of them were mostly technical. Both of them lasted for about 30 mins. It was the first time there were 2 interviews for a co-op.

Interview Questions

• Why Staples?
      Describe the technical project you're involved in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Two development managers came to my school and then invited me for a second interview at corporate where I spoke to a manager in person and then a software team leader over the phone. The talk with the software team leader was the only part that was strictly technical, the rest were more about experience.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you overcame and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer