Staples Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,507 Interview Reviews

2.3

Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples (Valley Stream, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

1st- Initial interview with team Sales Manager, 2nd- Ride-Along with team member; encompassing a full day's work (meetings, pop-ins, etc), 3rd- Presentation to Management (team Manager and Regional Sales Director).

Interview Questions

• What are some areas of improvement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Latham, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online--resume and cover letter. Got called back for a face-to-face interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The assistant manager was the interviewer and asked pretty standard questions. I was offered a job right then and there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you exceeded someone's expectation of you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a week later I got a call from the operations manager and he asked me basic retail interview questions. The most important aspect was that I had prior experience in retail.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples in June 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application on their website, they called me in and I set up an interview. A training manager talked over my resume but didn't ask me many questions. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interview then a face to face interview locally. Then had one additional phone interview with a regional manager and a face to face interview with a manager from another department.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions were asked along with specifics on my knowledge of the products.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Very simple interview experience. Came in and had a chat with the manager. Didn't ask too much about past job experiences or questions about my resume, other than if i had any retail experience. By the end of the conversation he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The manager described a featured product to me and asked me how I would sell it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with GM at the store, interviewed with District Manager the following week on the phone, offer was made a couple days later. Background check after which only took 2 days. Whole process took about 2-2.5 weeks. Extremely casual and easy.

Outside Sales Business Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Talked to HR. Interview was quick. She asked very general and basic questions. I Asked her specific questions about the job and she didn't know. Salary was around 48k. Way lower than market average. No car reimbursement. Wanted you to use your own credit card to cover expenses.

Interview Questions

• General experience questions. Describe previous positions. Why outside sales? Why did you leave your last position? Have you had a home office? Nothing innovative or unexpected. If you have had interviews before, this will be easy.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Staples (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn and then schedule for a 30 minute phone screen with the recruiter. Started off telling me about company, why the position was open, and then about the pay. She ended with 3 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an obstacle you had to overcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to achieve a project with little or no direction?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you managed a project to completion?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Staples (Maitland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter first contacted me with a phone interview. He asked about my background in sales and asked why I was leaving my current employer. He then told me that he was referring me to the managers to move forward with the interview process.
    A few days later I was contacted by a manager for an in person interview. He informed me that I would be interviewed by him and another manager.
    During the interview they explained the position and then asked me three questions. After the questions they asked me if I had any questions. Then they let me know I would be contacted by the recruiter the following week if they chose to move forward with me.
    About a week later the recruiter called to tell me I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to persuade someone to do something?   1 Answer