Staples Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Manager Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was slow and disorganized. Phone screens with recruiter then a manager and then the hiring manager. I was then invited to on-site interview. Once I got there I was told that the first interviewer was going to be late so I had to wait for about 15 minutes. Once the interview arrived he didn't know which conference room to use as it was not specifically specified in the interview email. Once we found a room he was busy checking his phone and kept being interrupted.

The second interview came in and was sitting down when he started asking technical questions. The questions were not hard but the ways he phrased those questions were very generalized as though he wasn't sure what he was asking. Then started lecturing me about management stuff, which I know a lot of what he said were not correct. He was nice but very disorganized in the way he interview. I was nervous and couldn't think straight when he asked me to write some pseudo-code.

The third interiewer was the worst. The whole time he was looking at his phone and sending out text messages. This guy has no respect for interviewee.

The last interviewer was the nicest one. He asked A LOT of questions and was very polite.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Staples in April 2016.

Interview

They called when they said. Asked questions about how to drive the business. Asked how we were able to grow in the past. Upbeat. Spoke to hr and rm. They said I would get another call

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Did initial phone interview, hr professional very rude. They really needed mgmt. so they lied to get me thru the door. Literally will sell you sky, you could say anything and get the job, but truly the only way you will come up is if you are a white male.

Negotiation

Want to pay the bare minimum, won't budge even if you are worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was prompt. HR engaged with me very quickly. However the followups were slow especially after the first interview was complete.

Interviews were with smart people. The interview type was behavioral and case study type. HR came back with an offer that was not as negotiable as I would have liked. I negotiated on the vacation. The bonus etc is paid in stock.

Negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by someone that does preinterview questions. Like why did you apply to our company, what are you doing now and some specific questions regarding my resume. Once she had garnered that I knew what I was taking about she set up a phone interview for the next week. The phone interview lasted about 2 hours they were very detailed in going back over every aspect of your resume. to the point of asking who your favourite teacher in high school was and what did you like about him/her. I found the one doing the interview was very nice but seemed somewhat scripted in his delivery. Over all it was a very good experience.