Staples Operations Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

1.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was great. I loved the general manager she was very easy going and a people person. I found out it only paid $12 an hour at the end of the interview. Felt like I wasted my time wish I knew before I went in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with GM at the store, interviewed with District Manager the following week on the phone, offer was made a couple days later. Background check after which only took 2 days. Whole process took about 2-2.5 weeks. Extremely casual and easy.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

They ran through my resume and asked me specifics about past duties. They got hung up on my AA and my current course of study because they're unrelated fields. The interview is there chance to trick you into thinking that you're all on the same team and no one is trying to screw you over

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

First of all the interview took about five minutes. I spoke with the store manager discussed about where I came from and what to expect doing this role. Then got into some questions none of them were hard at all. Then he began to tell me about how he will be In contact with me after he speaks with his District Manager. About an hour after the interview got a phone call and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you as a supervisor coach another associate for not meeting required sales goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At first I declined the position for the amount of work versus pay. Offering 11.20 an hour. after a few days called him back and said I'll take it but for 13 and accepted.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples in March 2016.

Interview

Chit chatted a little at first then asked some "What would you do in this situation" questions. Asked about previous employment and what skills I used at previous job. Asked if I had any previous management experience.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Staples (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Get online, fill out online application. Receive call for an interview. Go into the store for an interview. Do background check. Do assessment quiz. Watch videos and have orientation. Wait for a call back. Get a call back. Get offered the job. Start the job. Get my uniform and begin my training,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it sucked

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Staples in June 2015.

Interview

bait and switch. They posted an opening for operations supervisor, then they told me that they were hiring for this position internally. I asked then why am I here? The guy explained that they were looking for associates and offered me a part time job as an associatiate for minimum wage. Good grief. I have had some bad interviews, but this one will forever reign surpreme. That is the worst practice I have ever heard of, hiring entry level part time help from a senior level manager posting.

bait and switch

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

interview with the store manager, than the district manager both pretty similar asking questions on how you would deal with different scenarios to make sure youre prepare to be a MOD