Staples Product Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Staples Product Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter via university carrier website. Pre-selected for on campus interview. One on campus interview with a product management manager. Was asked behavioral questions and experience based questions. Interview was very natural- PM manager started off with a clear discussion about the role in it self. He didn't really know much about the new role since he joined staples not long ago. Got invited to on-site final interview with two senior product managers. The final interview was very chill. Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would do to help improve Staples?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was about a 90 minute interview - 30 minutes with three separate individuals. Two were in the position of buying, one in the current position. They were great to met and talk with, gave me tons of information but by the end I was certainly a little overloaded and forgot to ask when I would hear back. Interviewing 101.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

First step was an informal interview through a employee referral, then a phone interview with HR. Was asked to come back for another round of interviews with 3 different people. Met with someone in the same position as the one I was applying for, my would be manager and then a director.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about being a buyer - which wasn't the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Submitted resume, call from HR for first round, took a total of 3 interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone call with the HR rep. Came in for 3 one on one interviews - consisted of the Sr. Buyer, project specialist and GMM.
    Not too hard of an interview- definitely know about the company- have some opinions of what you would do differently

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online on career website, a few days later I was contacted to schedule a phone interview and was then asked to come in person to apply for the job. I was interviewed by two employees, one at a time and then together. They told me that the atmosphere at Staples is cutthroat and very demanding..

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to negativity in the office?
      What are your strengths & weaknesses?
      How would you handle people not getting you the resources/information you need to do your job?
      Why are you interested in working at Staples?
      Why did you apply for the Product Specialist position?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied through company's career website, was later contact by phone from a recruiter. Went through a short 10-minute generic interview on the phone with the recruiter. Was called again and asked to come to the HQ for a series of interviews. Individually interviewed with person currently in the role, a merchant in the department, the director of the department, and with the SVP of the division. Each interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about how I thought my previous work experiences would apply to the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were firm on the salary but was able to negotiate for a slightly higher starting salary.