Staples SALES MANAGER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples (La Mesa, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter who asked the usual mundane questions; a description of the job duties, required 45 hour work week, pay scale, bonus structure and promotion possibilities, all culminating in a false hope ending. Received an email 3 weeks later stating that my qualifications didn't meet their needs.

Interview Questions

• How have you developed your team to be better in their roles?   Answer Question
  • What would you say is your greatest accomplishment in your current position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Staples

Anonymous Employee in New Philadelphia, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (New Philadelphia, OH).

Interview

A lot of questions about my sales background and customer service background. I first interviewed with the GM and in a second interview with the GM and the District manager. After the second interview I took a skills test.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Applied online, exchanged emails with a recruiter. We set up a telephone interview for the following day at a specific time. I waited for the phone call but never received it. I emailed her and never got a reply. I gave it a few days, called and emailed again, no replies. I called their office and spoke to a receptionist who told me yes she was in the building but was currently on the phone. I left a voicemail and still have not received a reply.
     Basically this has been one of the most unprofessional situations I have ever been involved with. If you're not interested in me why did you contract me to arrange the interview in the first place? I have yet to receive a decline letter or any correspondence at all for that matter.
     In my current position I use (used) Staples for my office supplies, that's how I became familiar with them. They have now lost a long time customer and a possible future employee, because one unprofessional employee can't return a simple phone call or email.

Interview Questions

• Can we set up a phone interview?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Staples in April 2016.

Interview

It was internal so just a call with someone from HR asking situational questions, and speaking with my district manager. The HR person just asked very scripted questions about management planning and expectations.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples.

Interview

Friendly and comfortable interviews. They asked relevant and straightforward questions and answered my questions in a clear manner. Held 2 telephone interviews with HR and 2 face to face interviews. They were punctual and adhered to interview appointment. HR contacted me within 3 days of initial application. Entire process lasted 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would i handle an upset customer who feels he/she has not received good service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Staples (Newington, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

The manager was prompt to the point. Asked all the right questions.she answered all of my questions and explained the position thoroughly. Although I was not as qualified for the position I still thanked her for the opportunity and I am currently still seeking new employment

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Staples (Ithaca, NY).

Interview

General questions on Customer Service, Sales and P&L Management, General review of Operations procedures and Product Procurement. Examples of Customer service and sales performances and greatest accomplishments. Local connections and events that I was a part of.

Negotiation

No negotiating allowed

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Staples in January 2014.

Interview

Sat in front of a panel of 5 upper management and asked the same question multiple times, but in different wording and was expected to give a different response each time.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Staples (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Basic retail interview. What are your strengths/weakness? Tell me a about a time you dealt with conflict with an associate and or a customer, what happened what was the outcome. Those type of questions. Plus the usual ethics questions regarding theft and what not. The more specific you are with the answers the better, even if the outcome was negative but you learned something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to to deal with an angry customer, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

Hiring and interview was easy, as I was known by hiring manager. We had traned for the promotion to sales manager for about a year before the promotion.

Interview was straight forward, we spoke about long and short term goals for the store, then moved onto situation questions regarding employees.

Interview Questions

• You have a customer who is upset with an associate (employee), how do you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was offered a salary and bonus structure. I could accept or decline.